Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still learning what I'm actually looking at on the ap, but on af learning a,b,c,d. I read that you want those number to be within +-8%. When I was looking at my number I saw a=+12,b=+14, c=-.10, and d=0. Should I be worried? My car is a 13 wrx with a sf intake, Cobb dp, and spt catback. Thank you in advanced!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
614 Posts
I would be somewhat worried.

You want them to be as close to 0% as possible, and if anything slightly negative as in -1% thru -3%

sometimes my looks something like A - 5%, B 3%, C -4%, D 2

that's not so good but not horrible.

I'm pretty sure your car is the same as mine, the max is +/- 15%
If you every see it hit +/-15% then something is wrong. Loose hose, air intake clamp, etc.

Romraider is a good sight for more infos.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My car feels great other then that. My car felt like crap a week ago, and I found that the silicon tube from the throttle body to intercooler wasn't very tight, and a piece of the flange is missing. (I don't know how that happened) but I bought a new one. Just waiting for it to get to me. But for the time being I just put it back on, and made sure it was tight. Could I be having a slight boost leak from there?

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to check for a vacuum leak today, but I don't have anything to do a boot leak check. I'll have to take it to the dealer. But I was also reading that extreme negative numbers mean a boost leak, and extreme positives mean vacuum leak or bad maf sensor. I just put in a new maf sensor so I don't think it that. But when I assume I had a bad boost leak from the silicone tube. I didn't reset my Ecu. So maybe the fuel trim was learned but is not correcting it since it still thinks I have a leak.

· Master Baiter
22,140 Posts
There are two main correction factors:
1) Feedback
2) Learned

Based on feedback from the front O2 sensor, the ECU will "learn" to pre-emptively make adjustments to fueling. If you've fixed a mechanical issue that was causing large learned adjustments, as you drive the car, it will continue to adjust back to a normalized value, since there will still be feedback corrections being applied.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I hit the lines and didn't really find anything. I also don't hear and hissing. All I can hear are the belts going. I'll set up an appointment for Subaru to do the test. Maybe they'll find something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.