Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Any of you guys have any experience with this kit? If so did you find that the kit improved acceleration response? Did it have any side effects like dimmer lights and the battery not keepping as high of a charge? I wish it wasn't an underdrive pulley, but for $69 it's the cheapest one i've seen. I wouldn't mind getting a TB racing pulley but it's a bit much at > $100.

Thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
neptune said:
Hi guys,
Any of you guys have any experience with this kit? If so did you find that the kit improved acceleration response? Did it have any side effects like dimmer lights and the battery not keepping as high of a charge? I wish it wasn't an underdrive pulley, but for $69 it's the cheapest one i've seen. I wouldn't mind getting a TB racing pulley but it's a bit much at > $100.

Thanks,
Andrew
correct me if i'm wrong but i do think that the lights dim...go to www.subarureview.com and check what other people have had to say about it

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There were no reviews on the pulley. I got some info about the pulley not dimming lights and stuff but I am a little concerned about the AC. The underdive pulley is going to make the alternator, AC and Power steering pulleys turn a little slower then stock, so has anyone seen a difference in how there AC works with the underdrive pulley?

Thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've asked World One performance and Garret said that the AEM pulley is the Crank pulley. I've looked at the threads about the pulley but none realy answered my question.

thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
i found one from vishnutuning.com and they say its a power pulley, what is a power pulley

·
Registered
298 Posts
Just a quick breakdown.

Smaller-Lighter Alternator pulley w/underdriven crank pulley=Most HP
Lighter-Underdriven crank pulley=More HP, Less electrical power
Lighter-Stock Diameter crank pulley=More HP

I do not know for sure, but I beleive that the AEM actually has a larger alternator pulley which means way less electrical power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts