Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to sell my subie for a new ride . Have a cold air intake which I would want to change back to stock since it's most likely the first the a dealer would notice and would not like to see . Was wondering if I put my stock intake back (and will be getting a K&N filter) will I need a retune? I have a few other modifications that are done as well that go through the tune I have, injectors, catted downpipe and fuel pump . Please let me know if I will need a retune or not. Hesitant on putting back the stock intake without knowing full details and what not .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The other modifications I would most likely leave on due to no time and do not want to spend the cash to have everything back to stock btw.(If that matters)

·
BooSTIng
2,288 Posts
Leave the intake on. These cars are specifically tuned for every single intake. Meaning that the current map you are running is set for the AEM intake. By taking it off and leaving the tune on, there will be issues with the car that develop over time. And to be honest, I don't think a dealership that is willing to take a car that has an upgraded exhaust, fuel system, and a tune will care much about the intake.

If you want to return the intake to stock, the whole car should be returned to stock, and the stock map reflashed.

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
Yes, It would need retuned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts