ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I had my car in for its stage II upgrade, I figured that I would just let the shop install my boost gauge for me. The gauge worked fine when I left the shop, but ever since then it doesn't work like it's supposed to. For example, when in idle, the needle reads "0". When I get on the throttle it reads something like 25psi. The gauge almost never goes into vacuum. Also, the light on the gauge is always on, with or w/o headlights on.

I took a look at the wiring today and this is how the shop has it wired up,
Gauge Wiring Clock Wiring
Red - Constant 12v----------> Blue/red tracer - Constant 12v
Pink - Ignition 12v---------->Yellow/green tracer - Ignition 12v
Grey - Illumination------------>White/red tracer - Illumination
Black - Ground---------------->Black - Ground
Brown - Analog (not connected)
White - Analog (not connected)

The shop did solder the gauge wires into the clock radio harness. I tried wiggling the wires with the car running and nothing changed.

Now, searching on this site, I see that people have wired their gauges up to the radio/hvac wiring harness. Is this a better place to tap into? Is this the correct diagram for wiring up an analog boost gauge,
Gauge Wiring Radio Wiring
Red - Constant 12v------->Blue/red tracer - Constant 12v (radio harness)
Pink - Ignition 12v------>Green/orange tracer - Ignition 12v (a/c harness)
Grey - Illumination-------->Violet - Illumination (radio harness)
Black - Ground------------>Black - Ground (radio harness)

Any help with this would be great!

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
How long ago did the shop do the work? If it hasn't been that long, why not take it back to them and have them fix it since they should do it for free?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shop that I took the car to has since closed. That is why I am trying to get peoples help here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts