ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a set of V7 heads for a few months now and decided not to use the cams that came with the setup. I recently purchased a set of JUN Cams (272) to use with the heads and mate it to a new shortblock, the question is: Did I waste my $$$ on the V7 heads since I opted to go with hotter cams? Was it a smarter move to have gotten my stock WRX heads P&P? Either way what's done is done and i'm looking forward to the horrible idle:( :confused1

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
andrewyim said:
if youre so worried about the idle, why get such an aggressive cam profile?
I never said i was worried, I knew what i was getting myself into.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump for some advice:)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Well assuming you didnt pay much more than $1500 for the heads you didnt lose any money. You would have had to pay about $1400 for a p&p, better valves, shimless buckets etc.. now you have a stronger valvetrain with awesome cams. I wouldnt say it was a dumb move you just didnt save any money from what I can see. You can sell you stock heads now and try to recoup some of the cost.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
The V7 heads have sodium filled valves which would cost some good $$ if you bought them seperately. I don't think you made a bad move buying the V7's. Although if you were gonna swap out the cams, I might have gone with a V8 head with the larger ports....

·
Registered
0 Posts
i dunno if its true but i heard that wrx's dont take well to 272 cams. But sure would love to hear how it sounds, the boxer motor sound + 272 cam's sound= teh win.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nvmywrx said:
i dunno if its true but i heard that wrx's dont take well to 272 cams. But sure would love to hear how it sounds, the boxer motor sound + 272 cam's sound= teh win.
i know that @ idle these cams are gonna be extremely lumpey/lopey but that's the price you'll pay to make good power. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts