Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m new to this type of scene of threads so go easy on me lol, I got my 2011 wrx a couple years ago and got into building it but never anything major until it blew up 2 years back. I just got a new ej25 motor so I believe it’s an STi swap at that point. (Correct me if I’m wrong) fully built engine and I also have 1000cc injectors and 250fuel pump AEM intake full turboback exhaust and a slightly bigger turbo vf52. I have it tuned right now at 277whp on a mustang dyno. I was looking into upgrading the turbo system into a FMIC and of course bigger turbo. Any suggestions and any other supporting mods I need? I wanna start building it right because I just paid it off and would like to make it last! Appreciate the help and sorry for the long post! Oh, and I’m getting the flex fuel kit from Cobb very soon as well

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
The vf52 is the stock turbo. Your wallet is the limit. Unless you got the entire long block the wrx heads are different than the sti heads, that means it is kind of a hybrid as the sti Pistons are different than the wrx pistons so you have a different compression ratio. Unless they are aftermarket pistons then it's just a built block, but I digress.

What exactly are your goals?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The vf52 is the stock turbo. Your wallet is the limit. Unless you got the entire long block the wrx heads are different than the sti heads, that means it is kind of a hybrid as the sti Pistons are different than the wrx pistons so you have a different compression ratio. Unless they are aftermarket pistons then it's just a built block, but I digress.

What exactly are your goals?
View attachment 313648 View attachment 313648

so those are my engine parts. hopefully that helps. im still trying to learn engine maintenance and functions. my goal is to push roughly around 410 whp. appreciate the help. also, wallet wise i dont wanna spend too much but i dont mind spending a little extra for the reliability

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
Getting 400whp and reliability are not really hand in hand. You typically get one or the other and it isn't cheap to push 400whp with a car that's a daily driver. You've already got the short block built, so you are on your way.

As for specific parts i can't help you, however there are numerous tuners and builders out there who can. My advice is to contact the company who built your shortblock and work with them. They will tell you what they feel the most comfortable with. They will suggest what they do best because it's the best advertisement to have a quality build out on the street.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts