ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been thinking about either coilovers or air ride for a spirited daily driver, what are the advantages/disadvantages of either or?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
I see absolutely no advantage to either. If that's your car in your avatar, you're talking about spending up to 25% of the cost of the entire car to address issues the car isn't facing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at some point in the not too distant future im going to need springs and struts i figure why not go all out and replace everything but in the mean time i wanted to get all the info i can before i spend the dough

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
It's not likely you'll need springs before the rest of the chassis is done, but you can of course get springs if you like. For struts I recommend Kayaba or Tokico, for springs, anything that does not drop the car much and has a TUV approval on the package. Contact Turn In Concepts for info on off-the-shelf solutions ready to install depending on your needs.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
There are lots of good spring and strut choices. Other than that, everything else means bushings and maybe ball joints and tie rods depending on mileage. Air ride and coilovers won't replace those things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts