Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any truth to this? First I've heard of it. Quote from I-Club...

Advans are cast. They are made for Yokohama by ENKEI Japan. Yes, Enkei. Although they are still great rims. Volk is more expensive because they are cold forged. CE28N's are only 13.5 pounds in 17 inch form. Thats why they are pricey. I have a set of CE28N's and I love them. I do like the rarity of ADVAN's though. I heard a rumor just this week that Yokohama USA is getting the License to import Advan wheels officially. Just a rumor though as far as I know. Both companies make great rims and are leaps and bounds ahead of most other wheel companies out there.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pkZero.com said:
Yokahama = Advan
Yes indeed, that's true...but are you saying that this quote from I-Club is completely BS then?

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pkZero.com said:

No, not at all. Did you know that stock Subaru wheels are made by Volk?
I sense loads of sarcasm here.

I DO know that the Legacy GT mesh wheels are Enkei...

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pkZero.com said:

No sarcasim at all, Volk does many OEM wheels. That is why ours weigh only 16 lbs.
Hmmm you're right, 'cause now that I think about it, Volk made the 22B wheels and the STi wheels, right? And even the S202 wheels?

In anycase though, are Advans like the "higher class model" of Enkei, like Lexus is to Toyota?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Verdugo said:

Hmmm you're right, 'cause now that I think about it, Volk made the 22B wheels and the STi wheels, right? And even the S202 wheels?

In anycase though, are Advans like the "higher class model" of Enkei, like Lexus is to Toyota?
Actually, the 22B wheels are BBS. The only reason I know this is because I am obsessed with the 22b. I have the steering wheel waiting for me, the wide body kit is on my list of parts to create and sell, and right hand drive is on my list of to do mods....
Kevin
www.pkZero.com

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pkZero.com said:

Actually, the 22B wheels are BBS. The only reason I know this is because I am obsessed with the 22b. I have the steering wheel waiting for me, the wide body kit is on my list of parts to create and sell, and right hand drive is on my list of to do mods....
Kevin
www.pkZero.com
Heh, sweet! Better post pics of that when you get around to it! :D

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
It's very common for wheels to be made by all sorts of people for different manufacturers. I have a set of O.Z.s on my Honda that are made by some German outfit called "King", not O.Z. This made me furious (years ago now) 'cause I had all sorts of issues with the clearcoat on them flaking. Actually had two entire sets of rims replaced before the problem finally went away. I tried to tell the Tire Rack to take them back completely 'cause they weren't really O.Z.s but they read off a long list of manufacturer "swaps". So I guess it's really common. It does suck though, 'cause it makes it hard to know just what you're getting without a bunch of research.

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts