Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone knows which type of prwassure regulator our WRX use actuator or wastegate?
I just got the Blitz SBC-ID installed today. After couple runs, I keep hearing something knocking or I should say ticking sound from the engin compartment? I think that is coming out from the solenoid unit. I wonder that is normal or not. Just wanna make sure what type of regulator we use before I mess around the seting!! :confused:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I remember reading a post on the I-Club befour about this. If I recall it is the Blitz sbc-id's solenoid that makes this ticking sound. I could be wrong, but I though this is what I read. Any one else know for sure?? :confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dan!
You just make me feel much better. I thought there something that I did wrong. Since you have experience with the Blitz EBC, I wonder whether you can give me some advice on setting it up?

1. Which I shall choose under AC/WG? What is the different?

2. What is the proper (safe) seting on the GAIN?

3. What level of the limiter that I shall set it at and what is the purpose of the limiter under warning??

Thanks

·
1,911 Posts
Use AC. You have internal wastegate. I set gain to 8 I believe, maybe 9 I have to look. Warning limiter is to warn you when you exceed a set boost pressure. I set that to 17 psi. SBC reads a little lower than my Defi gauge probably due to length of hose going to SBC-id, keep it at around 15 PSI as shown on SBC-id.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK! Since the SBC-ID has built in digital boost gauge, do I really need to get another analog boost guage? I prefer have the cockpit as clean as possible, and how accurate is the digital boost gauge vs. analog boost guage and ain't the all controlled by the pressure hose??

·
1,911 Posts
I would recommend it. Doesn't have to be mechanical but any quality gauge would be a good idea. I noticed my Defi gauge reads a tad higher than my SBC-ID. It is an electronic gauge with sensro mounted less ythan a foot away from theline tap at the FPR. It's also easier to see when you're driving.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so, this is what happened. i am running fully stock with EBC, even though i set the EBC in auto mode @14psi, gain @ 9 with limiter @ 90, the boost guage on EBC still shows 18.7psi @ 4th gear WOT. is this normal?? i am planning to add K&N replacement filter or cold air intake later on. if i am not looking for much more ponies will that be OK? (just wanna able to pass the others little bit easier!) with the boost that i ran into will i damage the snail or engine?? i hate those loud and noisy exhaust the most people love, do i have any other options? will the ECU provide more gas or cut down on fuel due to massive air flow to protect the engine? Damn, i got so many questions!! :confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks dan,
i wonder do you carry the SBC-ID option harness which allow me to monitor the air/fuel mixture, voltage and temp? and how much do they cost with shipping? beside that, what do you think of the power meter and what is the main function of the unit beside dyno and stop watch (which can be found on lots of other turbo timer)? which auto turbo timer will you suggest apexi vs blitz??

·
1,911 Posts
Well I like the Apexi TT's because they are smaller and can be mounted just about anywhere. The Power Meter is pretty handy actually. You can set up a speed map with your 4 boost settings so that you can set different boost levels depending on speed/gears. As for the AF reading, the Blitz wideband AF meter is excellent and made by Horiba (which is excellent), however, like all wideband O2's the sensor has short lifespan and not designed to be used in the car all the time. Only for tuning. As for the other items, not sure those are available from Blitz yet. I'll have to ask. E-mail me privately and I can get you pricing on anything you'd like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts