ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking and readin a lot about the accessport and all its modes that it comes with. I was wondering what affect these have on the car, such as velet mode, race, economy, and theft modes (theft, wtf?) it seems confusing, i know this sounds very no0b and stupid to you ppl, i apologize for that. what were to happen if you say programmed the ap for stg 2 if your car was completely stock? what do you need to program it for stg 2, just a tbe? in other words, what determines what stage you should set it at? is their like a list or something that comes with it telling you what determines which stage? please help, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I only run a up/down pipe and run the stage 2 map. Cobb states you only need a TBE, however if you really want to see a boost in power your going to want to get the up/down pipes.

Im still running stock catback, and the power difference is still amazing.

I just got my AP so I am still learning what everything does.

·
Registered
461 Posts
If you look at the map download page you can pretty much determine what you need on your car for each stage. You definitely can't run a stage 2 map on a stock car. Oh sure you could load it but it'll run like crap (if at all) and you probably risk engine damage.
http://www.cobbtuning.com/wrx/accessport/

The different maps are just that. Going on a long trip? Load the economy map and it'll save you some gas mileage. Anti-theft mode is just that. The ECU is put in such a state that the car can't be started.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
i used to use the anti theft map when i was at work. especially after a coworkers car got broken into and his stereo stolen. Since my stereos still stock, i could care less whats stolen out of my car right now (aside from the accessport itself, which i kept locked in the glovebox) i just didnt want anyone walkin away w/ my car. But now i work on a military base...so im not too concerned w/ someone stealing my car...tho im sure it could still probably happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts