ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few days at Stage 2 I notice my idle has dropped to around 750 rpm.......sounds cool but is it normal? Sounds like it has a big cam in it now......or is this the famous "boxer rumble"?

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,701 Posts
I think my car (Cobb stage 2) idles at about 750. I can't remember if it was different before my reflash. It's never been a problem...:confused:

·
Registered
54 Posts
My car has idled at 750 rpm from day one. That is the factory number for the idle, my AP reflash did not affect the idle speed in my car. I know when you have the AC on the idle is higher, closer to 1000 RPM.

-the_bear

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok....what about the smoothness of the idle???
Did you see it get "lumpy" after Stage 2?

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,701 Posts
Well, I perceived it's innate boxer sound much more after going to stage 2, because I was now running a catless downpipe and catback. I wouldn't call my idle lumpy, though I suppose some people who are used to inline 4's might think it is...

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm stock until the AP gets here this week and right now I idle at right about 750.

Cheers

Staton

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
When I'm not on the gas my car feels identical to stock with the Cobb stage 2. Did you install an exhaust at the same time? Maybe now you are hearing it more.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I wouldnt be worried if it idles at 500. Some days my car will idle at 500 and some days its just a touch over 500 which i'm going to call somewhere around the 700 range.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Everytime I start my car up, it idles at around 750. If my car is warmed up, it idles at around 450-500.

-BobbyD

·
Registered
446 Posts
when i first turn on the motor 1500 rpm.....after it warms up or i hit the gas 750 rpms

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
problem solved

DOH!
Found a vacuum line disconnected.........end of CEL and rough idle!
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
174 Posts
WRX IDLE

a 500 rpm idle is normal when the engine is warm. You will see higher when cool because the enrichener, controlled by the ECU,
creates a faster idle.
Stg. two has made no differrence to this.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts