ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im looking into buying a few things for my 2011 wrx hatch... among the top ones being Exhaust and an Accessport (like what COBB offers) . Im not exactly sure on how mixing works but I am trying to figure out if you can say get a "Nameless" exhaust.. or a "Invidia" exhaust and then using an Accessport to calibrate it to stage 1 or stage 2 ( whatever the case may be). So does thaty work? or do I have to specifically get a COBB exhaust system to use the accessport with.

Help??

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
You can get any exhaust or downpipe you like/want.It is the intake you have to look out for.Cobb APs have maps only for AEM & Cobb intakes.If you get a Perrin Intake then you have to buy the AP from Perrin as only they have the map for their intake.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohhh i see. alright thanks, the Nameless cat seems to be top on everyones list of exhaust so I think im going to go with the Nameless cat and a cobb cold air intake. then buy the cobb accessport to upgrade it. what you think?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just don't run anything without the accessport. Buy it all together and use it all together. Im new here, not even been here a week and I have this pounded into my head.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
G8toWRXDave said:
Just don't run anything without the accessport. Buy it all together and use it all together. Im new here, not even been here a week and I have this pounded into my head.

There are other tuning options besides Cobb ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
I only said accessport because that's what he is referring to.

Don't mod without tuning is the main point.

He stating intake and exhaust work, then accessport. Just want to make sure those no delay in the tuning.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
You do not need the AP to run the catback system alone.Still stage 1 gives you better driveability.

But you should do the Stage 1 tune with intake map after you add the CAI.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Besides the accessport and Tactrix cable what other options do I have for upgrading to stage1/stage 2 + ??
I only threw in the idea of the cobb accessport 1} because I have confidence in Cobb products and 2} because of a lack of knowledge for other ways to upgrade and 3} because of the accessports ability to save the original coding and software so if anything was to go wrong it would not void my warranty as I could just upload the original data back.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
You can get any exhaust or downpipe you like/want.It is the intake you have to look out for.Cobb APs have maps only for AEM & Cobb intakes.If you get a Perrin Intake then you have to buy the AP from Perrin as only they have the map for their intake.
correct

·
Registered
53 Posts
so the question i have ..for some reason i really like loud cars and bikes (an r1 owner) on youtube i seen a 11 wrx with just cat back no mufflers and actually sounded amazing and i did want to do the cobb stage 1 with intake the exhaust wouldnt effect that would it ?? maybe a dumb question not sure lol all new here

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
A straight pipe catback will not cause an issue with a Cobb StageI reflash

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts