ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys looking for some advice, since im new to the subie world. I got my accessport yesterday and flashed stage 1. i havent really noticed any difference in power. Also im getting about 11.5 on the boost guage wide open pull in third. that seems a little low to me. trying to get some advice on the boost target, and if i should be feeling gains after flashing stage 1.

My Car 2003 WRX

SPT Intake
Invidia Catback
Cobb BOV

·
Registered
252 Posts
It's the BOV. The car is embarrassed by all that noise that thing is making and is not performing to it's full potential. Remove it immediately and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
11.5 Psi IS low, more than a little. I believe the stock boost should be 13.5 Psi and the stage 1 should be 14.5 Psi, so there is something happening with either the car mechanically or the boost control waste gate set up is/has been mucked with...

·
Registered
209 Posts
have you taken any logs? If not you should and then post them here for people to look at. That would be extremely helpful.

If you have taken some logs what does your target boost say? Is your WGDC really high or low? If low you could raise that. Have you checked for leaks? Like Hung_Wei_Lo said maybe the BOV ( should be a BPV) is leaking?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bov is most likely not the problem, it is the bov with 3 options and is currently....since I got it, see to the stock setting option, and no I haven't logged any yet, I'm going to this weekend. Also when I was driving to work today the cel came on, AP says pp103 which is to do with the MAF, any idea how to fix it. Also wondering if my boost reading is low because of a not so great guage I got the guage for free from a friend.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bov is not plugging off the return hose and blowing into the atmosphere, running all the exact hoses as the stock one was

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
What does the AP say for boost? As for the cell I would fix/get a new MAF sensor before doing anything else, including dataloging as that would be a waste of time til the MAF sensor problem is fixed...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Cobb AP stage 1 map doesn't support the SPT Intake. Also, you might start with a $5 can of MAF cleaner, instead of spending $100+ on a new MAF.

You say you're reading the boost on a aftermarket guage? Did you use the monitor function on the Cobb AP to watch your boost?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I reset the ecu to clear the cel before leaving work because I wanted to see if it would come back on on the drive home and it didn't, not sure if that good or bad, was pretty nasty rainy and wet today, speeding if the MAF sensed moisture somehow.
From what I had read the spt intake was fine with stage 1 map cuz it has same diameter as cobb sc which is supported, read that spt basically copied cobbs design. That could be wrong info though I guess.
As for the boost reading, I was going off my aftermarket guage cuz I haven't mounted my AP yet.

Also I emailed the tech at Cobb and listed my mods including the SPT intake and he said stage 1 would be a good fit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, so i mounted my accessport and ran the car alot today to log some data and try to get some accurate readings. car seems to be picking up some gains now, maybe finally getting used to the map. i cleaned the MAF with a can of MAF cleaner like suggested above and the CEL still hasnt came back on so that is good. also the data log shows that my boost had a good range of -12/15, so my aftermarket guage is def way off on its boost reading. so i think my car is all good now....need some better guages apparently, who makes the most accurate guages?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Defi makes great gauges, as do Autometer. You will pay a significant price premium for quality, but I can personally recommend Defi products: very well made and highly precise. Expensive though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts