ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 subaru wrx premium
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and maybe gals, lol, what times have you gotten on your accessport qtr mile timer? I did my first run tonight at 14.8 w/ maperformance stage 1 tune. I dunno if that's good or bad, but it was fun!

·
BooSTIng
2,867 Posts
The accessport uses data from the ECU to give these readings. They are not accurate, but not crazy off either. Most report that the 1/4 miles times are off by about half of a second or so.

However, this tool on the accessport is good to show speed and time increases in the 1/4 mile after, lets say some more power mods and a tune. So if the accessport is showing 14.8 now, and you add some more go fast parts and get a retune, and try again with similar road/track conditions and run a 14.4. That will tell you that your car is faster than before.

·
Registered
2018 subaru wrx premium
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol I know it's not accurate, doesn't mean its not fun to use, and I'm still curious about what everyone has gotten with what mods

·
BooSTIng
2,867 Posts
Lol I know it's not accurate, doesn't mean its not fun to use, and I'm still curious about what everyone has gotten with what mods
TBH I have never used it. My Accessport is hard mounted and used strictly for tuning purposes, datalogging, and gauges. I run Boost, DAM, Fine knock learn, and feedback knock. Then have aem wideband AFR and oil pressure gauges mounted on the cluster hood.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX
267 Posts
Grab yourself a Dragy. Once you sign up you can view other people’s times based on car make and model. There’s also a section where you can list your modifications. They’re also usually within a tenth of a second compared to actual track slips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Æternum
20,952 Posts
I don't know of any public road that this would be legal to test.

·
11,965 Posts
I don't know of any public road that this would be legal to test.
Depends on how slow your car is. I know a few saturn's that even wide open won't hit 45 in a 1/4 mile.

My ap was fast by about a second, however my race car driving ability isn't all that great. My local track rarely does 1/4 mile days and I never really got the ability to try and match the time the ap claimed. I was pulling 14+/- and the ap said 13.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts