ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is posted somewhere, but I have been reading tons of threads and have found lots of information, but I still have questions about this accessport before I get put on the waiting list for one! :wiggles:

I read a lot of problems with the installation of the device. Lots of cable replacements and sometimes worse. Is all this still going on to date? Are the instructions any better yet? I know there have been several methods presented on how to do the install...turn this off but leave this in, turn this on but unplug this, get on the car's roof and start jumping, etc... Is there a standardized practice that is working.

BTW...I have a 2002 WRX. I will be ordering TXS turbo back exhaust very soon and figured I would need this accessPORT too.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Recd mine in early August.
Instructions are spot on.
Cables and unit work fine.
I have not needed to hook mine up to a PC (yet).

My advice and 2 cents on this topic.

Read the directions, then read them again, then follow them to the letter.

Directions are on cobbs website as well, I downloaded them and read them over well in advance of the AP's arrival.

As the case with *anything* there will be some bum cables now and then and some flakey units and/or parts. If you take the precautions in the directions and don't do something stupid, you'll have the considerations of Cobb if something does not go right.

If you screw things up because you did something wrong or out of order, you lose!

If you're super scared about the AP, then just ship your ECU into cobb for an in house reflash. That's how I started w/stage 1.

-tp

·
Registered
676 Posts
Teep said:
Recd mine in early August.
Instructions are spot on.
Cables and unit work fine.
I have not needed to hook mine up to a PC (yet).

My advice and 2 cents on this topic.

Read the directions, then read them again, then follow them to the letter.

Directions are on cobbs website as well, I downloaded them and read them over well in advance of the AP's arrival.

As the case with *anything* there will be some bum cables now and then and some flakey units and/or parts. If you take the precautions in the directions and don't do something stupid, you'll have the considerations of Cobb if something does not go right.

If you screw things up because you did something wrong or out of order, you lose!

If you're super scared about the AP, then just ship your ECU into cobb for an in house reflash. That's how I started w/stage 1.

-tp
what he said

·
Registered
945 Posts
everything was perfect when i got mine..
so easy and simple...read the little booklet they give you first...then follow it as you're flashing the ECU...it's simple, easy, and sweet

·
Registered
0 Posts
I've had mine since March I think... no problems.
Initial install was problem free. Just read the directions.

I have seen so many idiots on the the internet forums. Not that everyone that has problems is one, but so many of them should not be allowed to own tools of any kind. Just read the directions and you'll be fine. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool. Thanks for your replies. I feel more comfortable now. Guess I'll put my order in now so I can receive by the time I can afford my exhaust. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts