Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my accessport fell from the ebay mount off the vent. Gravity sometimes wins against junk made in China, but whatever.

The OBD cable broke (the part that inserts into the AP). One of the pins got bent. The instant it hit the floor, the dash went bonkers; all the lights came on, gauges went berserk, then it normalized after a brief second.
Today, the CEL is still on. What I find ominous, is the duration it takes to start the vehicle. I know when I flashed to the stage 2 map, there was a long delay to start the vehicle the first time. Everytime after that is as
normal. Today, after getting gas, it took awhile to start up again. Is it possible it unflashed to OEM map? If so, that is very concerning, as I have stage 2 components. I tried to bend the OBD pin back and reinsert it.
When I do, the gauge cluster goes mad. If I wiggle the cable right, the temperature gauge will go to either 0, 50%, or 100%, depending how I wiggle it. This sucks, because those cables are 70 friggin dollars.

I'm avoiding driving it as much as possible, and going like a senior citizen on tranquilizers when I do. What do you guys think? Should I overnight an OBD cable to get into the AP and ensure I'm in the stage 2 map?

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
I would call Cobb as soon as you get the chance and tell them exactly what happened.. they can probably answer your questions better than anyone here. They also might offer to replace the cable at a discounted rate (or free). If they don't, nothing lost, but it's worth a try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did call Cobb, and the dude said it is possible that maybe the pins that bent rubbed in such a way that told the computer to act a certain way, kind of as I suspected. The Accessport itself may have been damaged, which sucks doubly, because I just got a replacement OBD cable, and those aren't cheap. Granted the clips broke and it needed to be done anyway, I have to pay for refurbishing of the AP itself.

10$ ebay mount caused 250$ in damages. Buy carefully my friends.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, if anyone happens to care, the 7.5 fuse for the OBD blew under the hood. ...in case this specific scenario happens to anybody else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts