ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Accessport, and have my ERZ up/down pipes sitting in my living room.

I need to get inspected in October. Anyway my question is, I know I will be Stg 2 with the up/down's but will i still pass emissions?

Anyone delt with this yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
You have an '04, correct? New cars are exempt from emissions testing for 2 model years. My '02 will be due for its first tailpipe sniff ever in September. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
Heh, oh, well in that case, you should fail the visual inspection for emissions tampering if you put the pipes on. If the inspector doesn't bother to look, you may squeak thru the tailpipe sniff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
fatalbertswrx said:
they shouldnt sniff the tailpipe.

it is OBDII now.

just a plug in.

no need for a visual... from my understanding of the mechanics at my work.

(i am a painter)
I am a certified NY state inspector. Downstate in the New York metro area we are running the RG240 tailpipe/dyno test. Upstate, out of the NYMA I believe they are running the BAR90 idle (tailpipe) test but I'm in the NYMA so I'm not entirely sure.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
26,609 Posts
chevyeater said:
I am a certified NY state inspector. Downstate in the New York metro area we are running the RG240 tailpipe/dyno test. Upstate, out of the NYMA I believe they are running the BAR90 idle (tailpipe) test but I'm in the NYMA so I'm not entirely sure.
Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
chevyeater said:
I am a certified NY state inspector. Downstate in the New York metro area we are running the RG240 tailpipe/dyno test. Upstate, out of the NYMA I believe they are running the BAR90 idle (tailpipe) test but I'm in the NYMA so I'm not entirely sure.
then what is the point of OBDII if states are still using the sniffer for new cars.

isnt one of the main reasons for OBDII to get RID of the Tailpipe sniffer??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
Trainrex said:
Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***
Haha. I think I'm gonna have to sig that.

Fatalbert, all I can say is NYS DMV sucks and so do all the stupid shop owners that lobbied the state to keep from going to centralized inspections. Every shop in the NYMA has wasted $60,000+ on a chassis dyno and inspection machine and now they say the new OBDII machine upgrade is coming out. OBDII has been out since '96 when we were still running the BAR90 test downstate. Stupid beaurocracy. I hate running on the dyno too, total PITA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Just had my inspection done a couple of weeks ago (Austin, TX) and went in the first time catless (also have Cobb Stage 2) and failed. They looked under the car and didn't see a cat. So had to put my 3rd cat back in and passed with no problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
chevyeater said:
Haha. I think I'm gonna have to sig that.

Fatalbert, all I can say is NYS DMV sucks and so do all the stupid shop owners that lobbied the state to keep from going to centralized inspections. Every shop in the NYMA has wasted $60,000+ on a chassis dyno and inspection machine and now they say the new OBDII machine upgrade is coming out. OBDII has been out since '96 when we were still running the BAR90 test downstate. Stupid beaurocracy. I hate running on the dyno too, total PITA.
damn dude that really sucks for yall.

yeah NC is doing away with emissions for all 1996 and earlier autos. and are only going to use OBDII from now on, i guess untill something better comes out in ten years.

well i dont know what to tell you guys in NYMA catless wrx definitely wont pass the sniffer test even with accessport.
but i have heard that it will pass OBDII, becasuse it tells your ECU that everything is in working order and OBDII reads from your ECU instead of the tailpipe.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top