Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 wrx tuned and missed
Well yesterday I notice that I used more fuel than normal. (E85) The car was idleing funny just slightly but also when I would accelerate it did not have the power I am use to. To me it feels like it is not holding boost. I did start to hear a noise that was not normal to me at high boost I could hear the waste gate flutter sound which was louder than normal ( this was a couple weeks ago) yesterday at medium high boost I could hear that flutter sound a lot louder and I stated looking up possible problems. My fuel pressure is ok. My oil pressure is ok my DAM is 1.0. I was thinking maybe my waste gate may be stuck open possibly (which is stock btw) if any one has hear of similar symptoms or been in this same situation any advice is appreciated. I kno this could be a hand full of different things causing this. I do have a new MAF sensor also

·
Village Idiot
2,450 Posts
A mod list would be nice. What are you using to measure perameters? If you can data log, you need to log your A/F Corrections. Otherwise without data you can start looking for a massive intake leak pre-turbo. Sometimes the turbo boot cracks. Or it could be a boost leak somewhere in between your turbo and intake manifold. Another option is to get your hands on a boost tester and use that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
ive noticed similar problems if i go over 50 percent ethanol and accelerate really hard in 3rd 4th or 5th gear .

prolonged acceleration at over 5500 rpm . doesnt like higher ethanol levels .

no issues at below 50 percent ethanol .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok we'll I figure I would put an end to this thread so it can help someone else. The problem ended up being a vacuum hose that slipped off. I guess it's a common thing, very common. My Air fuel learnin would be around 25 when I have my foot off the gas or slightly, which was way high from normal but everything else seemed right. My AFR was normal and oil pressure. The DAM was still at 1. Fuel pump duty was 33% at idle. Everything seemed on track so if you hav any of the symptoms I mentioned in my first post check them hoses! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts