ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..where do i start:confused1 . First off all these accesport boost problems i feel have come from modifaction done to the car before (mbc, 3/16th mod):mad:

I have taken off the 3/16th mod, removed the mbc. So far ihave gone around 300 miles with accessport in 3 days, boost levels went from 10 to a present 13.9..

Right now i am running stage 2 hwg map and i am hitting 13.? psi and 13.8-9 at the most. It has gotten better, before only hitting 11-12 psi and 13.1 tops.

So what could be wrong? I have searched and found many answers, so im listing them here, and maybe people can chime in with some more additional help:rolleyes:

-brass restricor- I have read that this has to be closer to ur turbo? When i looked into my engine by i did not see one? any picture of what it looks like?

-Taken away my mbc i had to cut 1/4 inch of the hose off, from all three connection, could this cause the missing 2 psi?

-It seems that the mbc had aftermarket hoses, could the hose radi be to small? Not allowing enough air to get through? I wouldnt think this would matter since the t connector is 1/8th and it fit snugg into the hose...

-100% bov screwing things up? I know i lose a little boost when shifting... :confused1
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My final question is what are cobbs numbers for psi? Maybe i am getting averge stage 2 13.8psi? or maybe i am far off:confused1 :confused1

Thanks for the help!
tom

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, thanks.

Im going to check for the pill right now, it is INSIDE THE HOSE. So if i where to look at my engine bay it would be the 'right' house , farest away from my bsc...

This will answer my question becuase i am useing a different hose..therefore my new hose wouldnt have the pill inside...be righ back..:wiggles:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

After seeing this pic, i thought my hoses where messed up cause the diagram shows the bottom of the T going to the bsc ( i am assuming this is the wires far left of the engine, coverd by that cover). I switched the hoses but got even lower readings (7psi).

So i have come to the conclusion that i dont have the pill, i looked for it, felt for it..but couldnt find it. the pill should be on the far right hose...and it wasnt there..now i just need to figure out where to get one.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Lucky for you i had this same problem when i first bought my rex. it was missing the brass restrictor cuz the previous owner had an mbc on it and didnt put it back in before they took the mbc off to put it back to stock

you can go to www.subaruparts.com to get the restrictor, the part number is 22326 It only costs like 1.32...but theres a standard 7.95 shipping fee....haha

This is the piece you should recieve.

heres my original thread too, just in case http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63302&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
and just so theres no confusion....the pill goes in the hose that ive highlighted red. the one that comes right off the turbo. When i was trying to fix this problem i for some reason thought it was supposed to be in the middle hose that went to the boost control solenoid

good luck! i think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what such a little thing will do :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update:

First off i do have the hoses wrong. But when i put them the rigth way i only get 9 psi (assuming because of the pill). Go figure:rolleyes:

I did a run today and toped out at 14.3 psi in i think 3rd and 4th.

Im sure with the pill i will hit 16:wiggles: . Thanks for all the help. I assume u can order the hoses off subaruparts.com as well.:D

Thanks to all who helped, i will update if the pill doesnt work..

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys is this the right part number for the hoses? 22310
it says hose assembly vaccum... All i need is the hose thats in red above, i have a funny feeling my hose is not the right one.

thanks tom

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IDAFC21 is that the right part numbe,r i searched on subaruparts and it said they couldnt find it..

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Jack said:
IDAFC21 is that the right part numbe,r i searched on subaruparts and it said they couldnt find it..
you know what, im sorry, thats not the part number. i was looking at this diagram

its 22326 in the diagram, but the actual part number is 22326KA120 sorry!

About the hose...not sure what that would be....i just went to a hardware store to get the hose (or even an automotive store might have em) Its just a basic rubber hose...not sure of the exact size, i just brought my old hose in to compare...maybe someone else can fill that in...just make sure its a rubber hose like the other ones...a plastic one will melt...not good

·
Registered
446 Posts
IDAFC21 said:
and just so theres no confusion....the pill goes in the hose that ive highlighted red. the one that comes right off the turbo. When i was trying to fix this problem i for some reason thought it was supposed to be in the middle hose that went to the boost control solenoid

good luck! i think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what such a little thing will do :)

where is the "pill" located in that hose???? is it inbedded and will it fall out easy???

iv taked the hoses off a few times and i dont know if i could have lost the pill during this....

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jugger said:
where is the "pill" located in that hose???? is it inbedded and will it fall out easy???

iv taked the hoses off a few times and i dont know if i could have lost the pill during this....
Jugger arent u having the same problems as me? I am guessing this pill is the problem..i have NO IDEA how this pill would allow me to reach my goal of 16 psi...weird:eek3:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
haha, i didnt either...but it works. And yes, that pill just right inside the hose. If you have the right size hose the pill should be quite snug inside it and shouldnt move around...use somthing like an allen wrench or such to push the pill inside the hose...make sure the open ends of the pill dont get turned around and get blocked by the walls of the hose. I just pushed it to about the middle of the hose, and walla. full boost will once again be yours

·
Registered
446 Posts
Jack said:
Jugger arent u having the same problems as me? I am guessing this pill is the problem..i have NO IDEA how this pill would allow me to reach my goal of 16 psi...weird:eek3:

yeah i am having the same problems...only 14 PSI boost for stg II but some people think its the altitude....i tried the 1-1/2 turn wastegate but the only thing i got was boost spikes

last night i poped the hood and stretched out that hose and could see the pill...so its there

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IDAFC21 said:
haha, i didnt either...but it works. And yes, that pill just right inside the hose. If you have the right size hose the pill should be quite snug inside it and shouldnt move around...use somthing like an allen wrench or such to push the pill inside the hose...make sure the open ends of the pill dont get turned around and get blocked by the walls of the hose. I just pushed it to about the middle of the hose, and walla. full boost will once again be yours
Hey, just got the pill, i notice one side has a sliiightly bigger opening then the other..i dout it matters? right?

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
Jack said:
Hey, just got the pill, i notice one side has a sliiightly bigger opening then the other..i dout it matters? right?
Not sure, but GO PUT IT IN!!! I'm curious to see if it fixes your problem:D

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Trainrex said:
Not sure, but GO PUT IT IN!!! I'm curious to see if it fixes your problem:D
Well went outside to put it in...
drumroll please!!!!

and i droped it into the engine bay!!!! Haha just kidding, i put it in the hose, it was a verrrry tight fit. I took the baby for a spin, i am now hitting....
real drumroll please!!!!
14.3 in 1st
15.9 in 2nd tapers down to mid 14
16.3 in 3rd tapers quickly to 15.5

and i didnt get any good runs in 4th and no runs in 5th.
I am running the stage II hwg map.

The cars spools much faster, much smoother! its crazy how much of a difference that little pill makes!!! i truely dont understnad!

AND for the boost spike im getting?:confused: dont know why, im thinking its because of the small radi hose i am useing where the pill is located. i dont really care that much, i am happy with what i am getting now:D

thanks! everyone!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts