ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Car: 2015 WRX 6speed MT
Parts: invidia r400 gemini, invidia catted j-pipe, mishimoto air intake, and 2nd restrictor pill delete
COBB AP- Stage 2 tune from COBB
Miles: 82,000

I notice a big hesitation when i hit about 5k-6k rpm, its almost like turbo gives up and acceleration loses power.
Im attaching a Excel spreadsheet of the data log i did today. Perhaps one of you can help me figure this out.
ive been searching all around the internet and can not find an answer.

DATALOG:
(1drv.ms/x/s!AuX1KqVI5TFbwVN4oGZ__DCZRxW4?e=kfKm9T)
This is my first post so apparently i cannot add links. Please add https : / / to the link
This is an online excel spreadsheet

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys,
Car: 2015 WRX 6speed MT
Parts: invidia r400 gemini, invidia catted j-pipe, mishimoto air intake, and 2nd restrictor pill delete
COBB AP- Stage 2 tune from COBB
Miles: 82,000

I notice a big hesitation when i hit about 5k-6k rpm, its almost like turbo gives up and acceleration loses power.
Im attaching a Excel spreadsheet of the data log i did today. Perhaps one of you can help me figure this out.
ive been searching all around the internet and can not find an answer.

DATALOG:
(1drv.ms/x/s!AuX1KqVI5TFbwVN4oGZ__DCZRxW4?e=kfKm9T)
This is my first post so apparently i cannot add links. Please add https : / / to the link
This is an online excel spreadsheet

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It could be a bad coil pack. I had this same issue, under acceleration or cruising at a high rpm it would sometimes Hesitate pretty bad. I saw that the Coil Pack closest to the turbo was bad. The heat from my turbo i believe was the cause.
I hope its something simple like replace coils.. im terrified its a deeper problem. Ima look into replacing coils, probably needs to be done either way.
I started to notice my exhaust is smoking a lot, it kinda smells funky, i think it might be burned oil. but idk, im not too car savvyy

·
Registered
2006 Subaru WRX Limited
8 Posts
I would definitely check for leaks, Start by getting a flashlight and looking around the top of the engine, you want to pin point the Highest up leak first. If you are smelling burnt oil, there is a good chance it could be dripping from the engine onto the exhaust. Check all of your fluid levels, in my case I was smelling something funny and it ended up being my power steering pump leaking all over the engine then dripping down the back onto the downpipe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts