ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm flashing TP stage 1 tomorrow, tactrix is out of cables at the moment so I am borrowing a cable until they restock. I have downloaded the TP map, rom raider and ecu flash and have them installed. I have instructions that came with the map, anything else I need or any tips? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Clean your MAF and make sure all your clamps are tight especially from the intake to the turbo.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clean your MAF and make sure all your clamps are tight especially from the intake to the turbo.
Thanks! It's a 2010 if that helps. I've read the instructions and have done a lot of research in the forums but didn't know if anyone had 1st hand experience with the 2010 TP flash and if they ran into any issues. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Don't be in a hurry. Make sure you understand the flashing instructions completely. Turn off all accessories (radio,heater/ac,gps...). Also I would have your laptop plugged in to it's charger when flashing. Always test write/flash first before actual writing/flashing. Many people brick the ECU and blame the software when all along it was their own fault for not following instructions and using common sense.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Donkey said:
Don't be in a hurry. Make sure you understand the flashing instructions completely. Turn off all accessories (radio,heater/ac,gps...). Also I would have your laptop plugged in to it's charger when flashing. Always test write/flash first before actual writing/flashing. Many people brick the ECU and blame the software when all along it was their own fault for not following instructions and using common sense.
If it fails during the flash, do not power off the car. Try again...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it fails during the flash, do not power off the car. Try again...
Thanks for the responses, just got done flashing and it was a breeze. Noticed a big difference in accelleration right away and it seems a lot smoother (and I've heard it'll get better after putting more miles on). thanks for the input! I'm going to try and make it 6-12 months before I get a DP and go stage 2, we'll see if I can make it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts