Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just joined the forums! Anyway I'm about to purchase a 2013 wrx sti hatch with about 30k miles is this a lot if the car has been well taken care of and it's bone stock?
My plan was to keep it stock for a few months while I gather some funds and to reall enjoy what the stock sti has to offer but in the end im chasing the power. Then I plan to buy a good amount of mods. Here's my list of mods please I'd love if you see anything weird or not compatible say something as this is my first ever subie.
1. Invidia downpipe
2. Invidia n1 racing exhaust
3. Cobb a v3
4. Grimmspeed 38mm EWG uppipe. Tial Ewg as well
5. Walbro 255lph fuel pump
6. Deatschwerks bosh ev14 1000cc injectors since I'm gonna run e85 (I'll run 93 while I'm running it stock) plus I'll eventually go to a bigger turBo
7. Some Smy Guage pods for 2 gauges
8. Prosport boost gauge and EGT gauge

After I do this I'll be focusing on lower end and more asthetics of the car. (Just a start for me. I'll definitely rebuild it with headers and some pistons and bigger turbo) should I also get a new CAI? I heard the stock one was pretty good. What about a new BPV? or will the EWG take care of that portion? Any feedback is loved!

·
Super Moderator
11,760 Posts
I would avoid the blast pipe and get a legit exhaust. Pass on the dontwerks and get id1050x. Be aware that Cobb does not support any ots tuning for that and you will need to find a good tuner. Before you do anything have the engine inspected by the shop. They should do at minimum boost and vac leak tests, as well as compression and leak down.

I would get a boost gauge, oil pressure and temp, and if you want a 4th afr.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,760 Posts
Eh, it has its place. It has monitors and stuff in an easy to handle and read package. However you can get open source software and a tactrix cable for your laptop that does everything the same if not better, plus it's cheaper.

Loud doesn't equal mean. The n1 sounds like teen angst and acne to me. ETS, Corsa, Cobb, nameless, magnaflow, and invidia make great mean exhausts that don't have the distinct fart tone.

·
Super Moderator
11,760 Posts
Also if I go straight to a protune then why should I still get the AP? I don't need to map anything right. Id have my gauges to monitor stuff
That's fine and dandy but your gauges won't tell you if there is knock or global timing pull because of a giant problem.

A blast pipe that doesn't drone would be a miracle of engineering. That I'm aware of nothing on this planet fits that bill. Even the factory exhaust drones. When you pump up the volume it gets relentless. The best I've heard is Corsa, the worst muff deletes. I've not been inside a cat with an ETS exhaust but I've heard they are really good with drone as well. However they are not angsty teen loud.

·
Super Moderator
11,760 Posts
Haha yeah waiting for that miracle any day now. I really want a loud exhaust within the price point but everyone says n1 or blitz
Those are just fart cannons. They will drone and in my opinion sound terrible. For a comparison. The Corsa exhaust will get loud enough to rattle interior panels when you stand on it, but when you are just commuting you don't hear it hardly at all and at a steady cruise it is not even audible over the road noise.

Those exhausts you listed are so loud they intrude on everything. You want expensive and loud buy those exhaust. You want cheap and loud get muff deletes. Neither sound great, will make you deaf, and drone so bad you'll have a headache.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts