ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2005 WRX and I noticed oily residue coming from the Y shaped hard plastic tube that runs from the turbo to the intercooler. The plastic tube has a crack in it so I ordered a new one. I have not had the part taken off but is it common for oily residue to be in this area? I am just concerned because it is right near the turbo and I have no clue if it should be oily on the inside of that plastic tube... Does any one know?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So there should be a little oil on the inside of the tube too once we open it up? Or is this a sign that my turbo may be going bad soon?

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
The turbo will blow oily residue from the compressor outlet all the way into the engine. It's normal for oily residue to be coating everything in between there. If it's just a thin coating, then you have nothing to worry about (although it isn't exactly good for your engine). If there's a large amount of oil, then your turbo seal is probably going.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. That's kinda what I figured a little is okay but not a lot. Well I guess I really won't find out till we take off the part and look. Thanks for your help! :) I'll post how it goes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts