ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I'm home from making a few day trip down US40 which for the most part runs along side of RT 66. A long boring drive with a lot of beautiful scenery.

I didn't that many pictures as I should have but here's a few:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I drove the boring part of it on my way from Chicago to Dallas this past Thanksgiving. That part isn't really that exciting, just farms, although Missouri gets a little hilly and twisty (at least compared to Illinois roads :tongue:).

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drove the boring part of it on my way from Chicago to Dallas this past Thanksgiving. That part isn't really that exciting, just farms, although Missouri gets a little hilly and twisty (at least compared to Illinois roads :tongue:).

Well, none of it is exactly *exciting* as for the most part everything is just sitting still. It was definitely a welcome change from a Starbucks on every corner and a ricer at every stoplight for me. I love driving and its amazing how much more fun it is when you're not stuck in bumper to bumper traffic.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
looks great, id enjoy that. The city life gets old quick, no one appreciates nature its self anymore.

·
3,726 Posts
I've driven the Mother Road from California to New Mexico, and it is an awesome drive. A LOT of lost culture, especially in AZ and New Mexico. Thanks for the post, BigB! A lot of good memories from that drive.. :cool:

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
I am nerdy enough to thoroughly enjoy that!

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
Cool pics. I love that kind of scenery. There's so much great stuff to see along 66, though I'm partial to AZ portions.

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool pics. I love that kind of scenery. There's so much great stuff to see along 66, though I'm partial to AZ portions.
Yep, that's where it got the best for me. I especially loved it in the higher elevations before descending out of the mountains into flagstaff.

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
Did you get to spend much time in Flagstaff? It's an awesome little town. I love it up there - especially in the summer.

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
Only a few hours, I love the look but all the construction was a turn off.
You must have been unlucky about what part of town you saw. There's a lot more up there that's relatively pristine with regards to new construction/roadwork. I recommend going back sometime. It's an outdoor paradise with a lot of cool things to see in town, as well.

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry, I don't get it. :confused:
Next time you're in Sedona find it, it's right below the Church that's built into the side of the mountain. While most everything was built low-key and to blend in his house just is an eyesore.

·
3,726 Posts
Next time you're in Sedona find it, it's right below the Church that's built into the side of the mountain. While most everything was built low-key and to blend in his house just is an eyesore.
Sedona is a trip...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts