ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to someone at Eibach today who said that the Prokit part #7714.140 for the WRX will work fine on the wagon. Some sites/vendors have said that it's for the sedan only, so this comes as a surprise. Any thoughts on this or does anyone run this setup?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Well any spring that will work on a sedan will work on a wagon as well. Chances are that the rear of the wagon will ride a bit low due to the additional weight back there. It would be nice to have springs designed for the wagon, but that just isn't an option very often.

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that any sedan spring will actually fit on a wagon, but the spring rates are always the deal-breaker. I'd hate to make understeer worse or end up with a funky-handling car, but I guess the Prokits are stiff enough in the rear to prevent sag. They supposedly drop around 1" in the back. Hopefully the extra ~80lbs. in the wagon won't hurt anything back there w/ Eibachs.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
the weight difference is only about 80 pounds. unless you're doing some serious racing I'm guessing you won't notice the difference. and if you do, just take out the spare :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts