Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was wondering how tall everyone was, cuz I'm 6'2" and have yet to tet drive a WRX, so I don't know how I'd fit in one. So are there any WRX owners 6 foot + in here? Anyway, thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was amazed at the amount of head room. I am 6'1" and there is a good 4-6" above my hair...it was extremely annoying in my civic si that my hair was always in contact with the ceiling.

p

·
Registered
13 Posts
Head Room Yes - Legroom - Hmmm

Head Room is awesome - I feel like a midget driving this car. However, I usually drive with the seat one or 2 clicks forward from all the way back on most cars. On the WRX, I am all the way back, but it's just right. I also run around with the seat height adjusted all the way up for visibility. If you lower it, the legroom improves significantly.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm 6 ft 2", long in the legs... I have the seat all the way back.... but you also have the up/down adjustment for the driver's seat, so you can get even more room....

I know for auto-x'ing, I move the seat up a notch to bring me closer to steering and shifter, plus it helps bolster me more in the seat when I'm throwing the car around in corners.....

There should be plenty of room for ya!:)

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I'm 6'1" and I have the seat height set to the lowest and I have enough room to straight up. I used to have a civic before too and I had to always pull back the ceiling (the moonroof) or else my hair would be touching the ceiling... speaking of moonroofs I kind of miss it!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm 6'3" tall with a 34" inseam in my pants. I typically drive with the seat raised up fairly high for visibility reasons (plus I find it more comfortable). However, I like (only just recently) to keep the seat closer to the steering wheel than I am used to. It helps me brace myself on the dead pedal easier and find that I am better able to control the shifter and the steering wheel when driving the car hard. I have had no problems with lack of room in the WRX.

In my other car (1970 Datsun Roadster), I am constantly hitting my head on the top, whether it be the soft top or the hard top. I usually solve that by taking it off (it is a convertible after all).

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm 6'4 and I have lots of room, with the seat all the way back I have plenty of head room and leg room, Perfect driving position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts