ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey there everyone took a short log yesterday, dam was at 15 i experienced some knock,i am not sure
wether or not this is just caused by noise or what exacly it could be and would just like some input thank you

car is 04 wrx
mods perrin turbo inlet
vf39 turbo.
ebay downpipe catless.
godpseed intercooler
dw 565 cobb spec injectors

running the cobb dw 91 oct map

2 other questions. is it possible that i need to get a walboro fuel pump?even though cobb notes dont require it?
and would some 1 step colder plugs help improve this.

since this log i have reset the ecu added some octane booster to my tank and it went right up to 16 and
i didnt notice any knock when i was having a spirited drive last night.

gas level was aprox a quarter of a tank when octane booster was used.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At_VfWxt2zixdFVNSS1Zd1VWLU0yZW1tTWtxNThseHc

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also i know this log isnt the greatest im going to do more logging after i get off and due a proper pull
but in order to tune this out in the acess tuner software i would decrease the primary ignition tables the rpm and load
im experiencing knock at correct?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Did you add gas as well?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i did not because from what ive read on a full tank of gas octane boosters only add like .5 to .7 points and not a full
octane depending on the brand so i figured itd work better with less gas.

i just did some pulls a lunch and a global timing retard of -5 via accessport. and the knock still showed up. it never went past
-2.1 so is it possible im getting false knock? so once i saw i was getting the same amount of feedback knock as before i put the retard back to
0. did about seven pulls and the feedback monitor on the accessport didn't register any incidents of knock.

maybe some vibrations in the engine bay are causing this because when the knock appears is at full throttle when the boost comes on fully
so about the 3500 to 4200 rpm range.but its never over that.

could the torque from the engine combined with engine movement due to not stiff enough mounts cause false knock?ive also tried 93 octane with a bottle of octane booster
and the same amount of knock shows up which makes me steer towards the engine movement theory.
maybe worn mounts can cause false knock any insight would be much appreciated.

edit:did a boost leak test and no leaks

p.s. ej257 your display pic makes me and my co workers laugh everyday

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
kornkid21792 said:
ok so i went into atr and reduced timing in the cells that were affected by the knock here is my data log
how does this look now?this is a 3rd gear pull btw
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At_VfWxt2zixdENoVGZhQmZNcy1vcFpRc1ZsbEJGbWc
Did you smooth the surrounding cells too?

You've still got some learned knock.

What does your WBO2 show? I don't see it being logged ;)

Too little timing can also cause knock.

kornkid21792 said:
ej257 your display pic makes me and my co workers laugh everyday
:thumbup:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts