Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all ? I’m new to the forum so I apologize if I may have overlooked any previous similar post. Although I did search and did not find anything similar to what I need to know. So I have a 2017 WRX which I would like to build as an uphill climbing beast however I would like to know which suspension setup would be best for this type of activity befor actually making purchases on things that won’t necessarily apply to uphill. I appreciate any constructive comments please and thank you

·
Master Baiter
12,653 Posts
What sanctioning body are you going to be racing under? There are likely regulations that will need to be followed...

·
Master Baiter
12,653 Posts
My advice is to hit up a local Auto-X (e.g., SCCA) event or two and drive your car at the absolute limits in a controlled environment, where there is no risk of crashing. Determine where you feel the shortcomings are and what you'd like to improve, and then we can help steer you towards modifications that can achieve your goals. As a "guest" at an SCCA event (you haven't bought their annual membership) will cost you like $40, and it's some of the best money you can spend if you want to understand how your car performs.

Go into the events not even worried about what anyone else is doing time-wise. Just focus on your vehicle and your driving. See if you can improve throughout the day. Video footage (e.g., GoPro, Dash Cam, external videographer) can help in reviewing your runs at a later time; maybe you'll see that you're running wide of an apex at a particular corner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts