*raises his glass to that*

If I had the money to spend, I would buy them also :eek: :(

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Roamin'Coyote said:
Lord of the Rings box and/or gift set - $25/$60
Star Wars - Episode II: Attack of the Clones - $15
Running out to buy it first thing and celebrating your geekness - priceless.

mmmmm.... padme in all her digitally mastered glory.

Roamin'
Whens does eipisode 2 come out, I can get it for 9.99.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I'm going to Best Buy right now! And on the way I'll stop by Circuit City and see if the insanely modded toyota is parked there.

see, josh? i promised!!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
w00t! Didn't know these things were upon us... Right on! :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
LOTR was an excellent representation of perhaps the finest epic adventure story ever written......not as good as reading the books..........however for a three hour delve into the world of middle earth......HEARTILY entertaining......i watch it when i have time and ANXIOUSLY await parts two and three
As for Star Wars.......some folks know how to qut when theyre ahead.. Star Wars people still need to learn that lesson or REPRESENT big time in the next film.
Just my humble .02
DML

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I would venture to say that LOTR was THE BEST fantasy film ever made (live action)...

I bought Episode II at Wal-Mart tonight and it keeps erroring out at 21 minutes into it... It also heats up my girlfriend's JVC DVD player like CRAZY. The machine acts like it hit "thermal shutdown" and locks up.

Plays all of our other DVD's no problem! Weird, huh? :confused:

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
My wife told me I can't have the Ep2 DVD until Christmas- I don't know why she's being like this, but I'm mega-jealous of all the other geeks who get to see the deleted scenes now!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I had no problems with my EP2 from Toys R' US, and the deleted scenes (mainly one scene, with two good reasons) is worth the price. This weekend I plan on watching the re-cut LOTR on my new sofa in my new appartment, its gonna be so nice.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had the same problem...my Epi II dvd was playing fine in my PS2 until they came up to watto. Played with no problems and the regular dvd player....my special features disc didn't even work in the ps2....hmmmm, probably should go check it out in the other player....

Kanos: are you saying we get some cleavage shots??? i.e. two good reasons?

Jedimaster: You mean you can't be sneaky and keep your own purchased copy now???? you can just "no hassle" return the christmas gift, no??? heh heh, that's what I'd do.......

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
Yeah- I SHOULD do that- this would be the perect time to get the DVD too! I just bought one of those massaging chairs from Sharper Image!

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
Roamin'Coyote said:
Jedimaster:

You WILL go out and purchase the Episode II DVD. [/hand waving]

:p
LOL! Reminds me of when I saw EP2 IMAX- they had the 501st (the stormtroopers) waving people out of the theater after the movie saying "move along, move along" ;)

I was SO tempted to get wise when they were checking tickets and say "You don't need to see my identification". ;)

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
jedimaster said:
My wife told me I can't have the Ep2 DVD until Christmas- I don't know why she's being like this, but I'm mega-jealous of all the other geeks who get to see the deleted scenes now!
10 dollars at toys r us......
Just buy it

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
is2scooby said:

Nick,
You're obviously not married. :D
Amen, my friend, Amen!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts