Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... My grandfather sent me some wax that he likes to use - he says it lasts for months if not longer... its called Collinite845. Basically, it is an industrial type wax/protectant... the back of the bottle says:

"This special, heavy duty detergent-proof formulation is used as a high gloss, almost indestructible protective coating for automobile, airplane, and boat finishes."

Has anyone heard of this stuff? I'm sure my grandfather wouldn't send me a crappy product, but I think I'm just a little more protective of my WRX than he is of his Buick... :)

My other question is this: What is the best way to remove wax? I've heard dishwashing soap will do a great job - Dawn or whatever... is there an even better way? Thanks...

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've never heard of the Collinite845. It's probably a polymer based wax and I'm sure it will provide excellent protection but it probably will not offer the shine depth that a carnauba wax will. Dish soap works good for wax removal, other alternatives are citrus based degreasers like PS21S Total Auto Wash which also aid in the removal of bug guts, tar, and grime.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts