ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2002 wagon needs a shot of freon once in a blue moon. I went to give it a quick shot of refrigerant but when i put the gauge to it the pressure was high (in the red range). Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,451 Posts
You seem to be describing higher than normal pressures on the low-side of the system.

I am not an A/C tech. Find one.

Suspect the expansion valve, excess refrigerant, the compressor itself, or -- I think -- contamination (atmosphere present inside the system).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey SD - Checked with my A/C guy & it seems like i need the front hub for the compressor and the compressor seems fine. Of course he has a hundred used hubs - but none for my subbie -:rolleyes: (typical). I've reached out to a member parting out his car. Mine is a 2k2 wagon. Is there a list of salvage guys/shops that i can check with? very much appreciate any help - thx - MV

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Head over to Nasioc and check the Private Classifieds. They have a section for whole car part outs. A lot of salvage yards will post in there. Find what they have and start asking questions...probably your best bet. I did that to get a used door for my STI :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx!

Head over to Nasioc and check the Private Classifieds. They have a section for whole car part outs. A lot of salvage yards will post in there. Find what they have and start asking questions...probably your best bet. I did that to get a used door for my STI :)
Mikie 'preciate the info:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts