ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 02 WRX, How do I remove the A/C compressor? I took off the two bolts ot the top and it is not comming off. Thanks

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
If memory serves me correctly it's more than 2 bolts. I think there's a bolt underneath you can see from the driver's side. I know it's not as simple as taking out those top two bolts. You also need to break the bond with the engine block. That thing will be bonded very well just due to time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see 3 bolts under it that are holding a bracket looking from the driver side. One of them looks like it is going to be a major pain to get to it. I will give it a try.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am trying to replace rusted through fuel rail on that side. I need either the AC compresor off or the intake manifold to get to a small rubber hose and disconnect it. I figured it will be easier to take the AC compressor off.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Yes, the compressor is WAY easier to take off than the intake manifold!

Sounds right that there's a few bolts underneath to remove. One of them was a royal pain to get at. Hopefully you have a good selection of ratchets/extensions/sockets.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, I found a bolt on the intake manifold that is broke, I might have to take it off anyways to try to take that bolt out and replace it. I just bought the car and I keep finding stuff that is wrong with it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update, I just took off the intake manifold and thank god I was able to get the broken stud out. I got the fuel rail out also, waiting on a new one now. It should be here tomorrow.The question now is can I re-use the intake manifold gasket and just seal it with RTV? I can not wait 3 days for the parts store to order one.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Update, I just took off the intake manifold and thank god I was able to get the broken stud out. I got the fuel rail out also, waiting on a new one now. It should be here tomorrow.The question now is can I re-use the intake manifold gasket and just seal it with RTV? I can not wait 3 days for the parts store to order one.
I would use a proper gasket

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Never re-use a gasket unless you like taking things apart again to fix what you should have done right the first time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts