Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a 99 Prelude with a bunch of mods. He recently installed exhaust and new headers so I wanted to go for a ride. The V-Tech with the exhaust sounds cool and it's pretty quick, my WRX would kill it in a straight line but I was very impressed with the way it handled. He also has some new suspension parts that have not yet been installed. I knew it handle well, but we took some backroad turns at about 65mph, and I take the same ones at about 55 or 60. His car just felt more solid accelerating through the turns. His wheels and rims also look very sharp. I let him drive my WRX and he was very impressed with the acceleration.

·
Registered
74 Posts
str said:
My friend has a 99 Prelude with a bunch of mods. He recently installed exhaust and new headers so I wanted to go for a ride. The V-Tech with the exhaust sounds cool and it's pretty quick, my WRX would kill it in a straight line but I was very impressed with the way it handled. He also has some new suspension parts that have not yet been installed. I knew it handle well, but we took some backroad turns at about 65mph, and I take the same ones at about 55 or 60. His car just felt more solid accelerating through the turns. His wheels and rims also look very sharp. I let him drive my WRX and he was very impressed with the acceleration.
VTEC is found in Hondas. V-Tech is a company that makes phones. :D Sorry, not trying to pick on you, just FYI.

I couldn't imagine having something like the Prelude's ATTS on a lighter car like the ITR. There must be some technical reason why Honda hasn't done it, maybe weight? Maybe it robs a bit of torque too which would hurt an engine like the ITR's too much.

My mom used to own a Prelude (she's a cool mom!) and that thing had a very nice interior. I still prefer the RSX's but the Prelude is a very nice car. Next to no room in that thing though, especially in the back! Considering it was bigger than my Integra, I have no idea how they managed to give it what seemed to be a smaller interior! Maybe it was just my imagination though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts