ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

First time poster/subaru owner here. Got a 2011 DGM wrx base model hatch coming for me to my local dealer in a few weeks!!! :) VERY EXCITED!!

I know there are hundreds of threads on tires and rims, but I just can't seem to find the info I'm looking for.

I'm looking to put together a winter tire package. Seeing as I'll have my winters on for at least 5 months of the year I'd like to find a half decent rim to put new winter rubber on. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against steelies and plan to go with them if I don't find a set of decent used rims for a good price. I've found a set of rims near by on kijiji. They are 16 inch rims from a 1997 legacy gt wagon. The tire that's on them now is 205/55/r16, disregard that as I'll be putting new rubber on anyway. I asked the owner for details and measurements, all he could give me was "16 inch, 5 bolt 100mm offset I think" which I know is wrong. He probably means the bolt pattern is 5/100mm right? which matches the 2011 WRX's. Going down to a 16 inch shouldnt be an issue as I fon't plan to be doing any brake mods.

My question is:

Will these 16 inch rims from a 1997 Legacy GT, fit on my 2011 WRX base model hatch?

Thanks for reading, any feedback would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Having some technical difficulties trying to post a pic...

If it helps they're referred to as "9 double spoked rim" or "18 spoked rim"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After I posted this question I called my dealer. They said could fit but they will not recommend it because of the difference in width & offset.

Width & offset of stock being 8" & 53mm.
Vs.
Width & offset of the 97 legacy wheel being 6.5" & 55mm

The dealer want close to $1500 for winter rims (5 spoke alloys) and tires (blizzaks or x-ices) but don't offer steelies.

My tire shop wants $800 for yokohamas on steelies.

My gut says not to cheap out now and just get them from the dealer, then also have no problems with the pressuse sensors.

But my brain tells me save $500 and go with the yokos on steel. And theyll have proper rims too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts