ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My buddy just bought this car, and I want to race him.
Just curious as to how badly i could beat this car from a roll or from launch.

some specs...his car is
190hp
207lb tq
2.8L
automatic.

does anyone know the what the Wheel HP of this car is as well?

·
Registered
80 Posts
sadd16 said:
My buddy just bought this car, and I want to race him.
Just curious as to how badly i could beat this car from a roll or from launch.

some specs...his car is
190hp
207lb tq
2.8L
automatic.

does anyone know the what the Wheel HP of this car is as well?

Numbers racing is very subjective. The real world is where it's at. Go race him and find out. They are mid to low 15 second cars and they have a 91-92mph trap, which guess what...that's right about where a stock rex traps. From a dig you should be able to hold him off if you actually know how to launch. From a roll it will be up to phase of the moon, tides, the alignment of your chakras, how tight your underwear are...etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
illusion said:
Numbers racing is very subjective. The real world is where it's at. Go race him and find out. They are mid to low 15 second cars and they have a 91-92mph trap, which guess what...that's right about where a stock rex traps. From a dig you should be able to hold him off if you actually know how to launch. From a roll it will be up to phase of the moon, tides, the alignment of your chakras, how tight your underwear are...etc.

Heh, thanks, but he was also asking how much whp his car has too, and i"m kinda curious as well. =)

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
He's making maybe 165 or so whp - assuming BMW's crank hp rating is accurate. You should own him pretty easily, IMO. With an auto, I'm sure he would struggle to hit 15's in the 1/4 mile and probably is in the 7-8 second range 0-60mph.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
my friend has the exact one although a 5 spd, and ever since i got my rex hes running scared and doesn't want to race me or even drive next to me there was only one time when he was next to me while i was still stock, and he decided to go for it but i didn't becasue of my gf sh hates when i go fast, anyways, he punched it just when i shifted in to second and fell below 3000 rpm, i tried to recover for a second be decided let off becasue he was just in his power band and was pulling fast. However that wasn't a race and now i am cobb stage 1 and could defiantley wax him bad. The problem is i tried to get him to do some "friendly runs" :D but hes just not eager to do it, and becasue of my upgrade he's even more scared, oh well maybe i'll get him one of these days. You should win because of the automatic transmission, a 5 spd would put up a much bigger fight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts