ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of my friends recently got new cars. One got a POS saturn sedan-but it's 5spd!... and it was a very big step up from his Newyorker (it burned about a quart of oil a day). My other "friend" got an "Awsome civic ex" ;) you know the story, Body kit, huge wing, big $50 muffler. He was so proud.... He was reving it for about 15 minutes in the parking lot and when he went to pull away he stalled....twice haha. We decided to have a "Big street race!" The owner of the the civic thought it was a big joke. He found out his car was a big joke. The saturn took him off the line and pulled all the way to the end.

·
Registered
196 Posts
WRXskier said:
Two of my friends recently got new cars. One got a POS saturn sedan-but it's 5spd!... and it was a very big step up from his Newyorker (it burned about a quart of oil a day). My other "friend" got an "Awsome civic ex" ;) you know the story, Body kit, huge wing, big $50 muffler. He was so proud.... He was reving it for about 15 minutes in the parking lot and when he went to pull away he stalled....twice haha. We decided to have a "Big street race!" The owner of the the civic thought it was a big joke. He found out his car was a big joke. The saturn took him off the line and pulled all the way to the end.

You didn't take on the winner of the race for the Allentown crown?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I drove an '01 lightly modded saturn coupe and I dusted civics like no one's business - it was fun but then it got really old really quick and the car was a piece of crap - however doesn't surprise me that he smoked the civic

·
Registered
460 Posts
hahahaha torque is the only thing that car had and it was only up to like 70 hahahaha - Remember how long it took us to max it out on the 25 extension rich? it was like an hour to get it up to 105 hahahahaha

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
I'm not much of a street racer, but enjoy dusting Honda's occasionally from red light to red light in my P.O.S. 1993 Saturn Dohc 5sp Shag-n-wagon beater/commuter car. They never know what hit 'em:tongue: What a fun little car (never thought I would say that about a Saturn:tongue: ) Lot's of torque, pulls all the way to redline, it's light, close ratio trans, actually handles decent, 4 wheel disc, abs, and still gets 30mph on the way to work. Definately one of my favorite beater cars:D

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a 1993 Saturnl SL1. 5-spd, 89 HP. Without AC on its not too bad of pickup (for a daily driver - NOT racing), but once that AC is turned on you would think you hit a brick wall. Its horrible taking it on the higway with the AC on.

I want my WRX :(

·
Registered
773 Posts
So thats why every saturn i run into tries to race me. I know they are not fast but they are quicker then hondas stock?

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
Quicker than some Honda's. My little wagon weighs 2300lbs with 125hp and a close ratio trans. It's not to bad off the line. Plus it keeps the miles off my Rex:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts