ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to fool around w/a very nice top secret wide bodied supra tonight.

His mods: Boost controller 18lbs
Downpipe/exhaust
Stock turbos...

From a 40 mph roll he immediately pulled me in second. I shifted to third and pulled back that car and really started to pull in fourth. By the middle of fourth I was up a car and then I shut down. I would have kept pulling...Overall a very cool kid and a very nice car...I wanted to race him now because a mod or two here and there and I will be out...

P.s: I also had an extra passenger...Like always :rolleyes: ....good run w/ a nice car.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why is it hard to belive if I may ask ?

This is the 1st time I have seen your name on one of my threads...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I belive you.. I follow a stock supra with only my MBC.

The supra is a heavier car.
But I still think he would have walked me on the higher gears..
We never actually raced as the supra is a very rear car where I live, but he tried to loose me and he could not :)

·
Registered
773 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Not my car. Not my footage. Not my problem.

Feel free to convert this to DVD. Im sure no one would mind downloading a 500MB 2 min video.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I know of only 2 TS widebody supras on LI, i hang out with them on occasion what color was it?

One is white with HRE wheels

other is red with gold volks

but none of them are BPM like you mentioned

the white one is running a SP72

and the red is running a T88 with a 100shot

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Re: Re: 95 Twin Turbo Supra...

SLOW4EAT said:
I would have thought that he'd leave you by fourth gear...
although 4th and 5th gear are the wrx's weak spot, 13secwrx is running an 18G turbo with pretty much all other basic mods and supporting mods. his top end has been considerably helped out. and if memory serves, he is still on stock tranny, so he rarely ever races from a dig other wise his tranny will go BOOM!

i am thinking that the supra would have started to make up ground if they continued on for a while. his car is good for lower 12's where as a supra with those mods would be good for mid 12's, but the supra has top end advantage... but the crazy part is that the wrx is pretty much near being maxxed on power, and the supra is practically stock with those mods.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
423 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 95 Twin Turbo Supra...

DTR rex said:
although 4th and 5th gear are the wrx's weak spot, 13secwrx is running an 18G turbo with pretty much all other basic mods and supporting mods. his top end has been considerably helped out. and if memory serves, he is still on stock tranny, so he rarely ever races from a dig other wise his tranny will go BOOM!

i am thinking that the supra would have started to make up ground if they continued on for a while. his car is good for lower 12's where as a supra with those mods would be good for mid 12's, but the supra has top end advantage... but the crazy part is that the wrx is pretty much near being maxxed on power, and the supra is practically stock with those mods.
i know this, i own botha MKIV and a WRX both heavily modded....in my personal experience in the higher gears the WRX would see taillights..but then again there's a whole bunch of factors to a race...

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
13secwrx said:

P.s: I also had an extra passenger...Like always :rolleyes: ....good run w/ a nice car.
Dude...nice rolleyes for your girlfriend, lol.

"I find this story hard to believe because no one can beat a supra and I don't know anything so I'm going to flame on you for your posts"

^^^ how everyone sounds on this thread^^^

·
Registered
179 Posts
I suppose it depends how strong of a BPU Supra it is. I've seen if fluxuate anywhere from about 360 rwhp, all the way up to 400 rwhp with mods similar to that. A race from a roll is more about aerodynamics and horsepower, so the weight isn't that much of an issue. Last time I remember you were putting about 320 awhp on pump, and about 350 on race gas, so just by going by the numbers it's hard for me to believe, but I wasn't there, and you're not known to lie, so I'll go with it. It is a street race afterall, anything can happen. No offence intended, your car is sweet :)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It was blue...It was not veilside it was a top secret wide body...

I actually pulled him in 4th..and we pulled over to talk about it..so I know he was still running. It might have been the end of 3rd but def. when I shifted in 4th I pulled nicely. I actually build max boost and even spike at the end of 3rd and the middle of 4th, my car is strongest there...I was a bit suprised too, simply because it was a supra but...street race is just that...you never know.

I am buying a dig camcorder dvdram soon...I need to make a movie and sellit ...A REAL street racing dvd...no non sense just cars and their mods..

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
13secwrx said:
I am buying a dig camcorder dvdram soon...I need to make a movie and sellit ...A REAL street racing dvd...no non sense just cars and their mods..
This is a few years work...countless one and one and half hour tapes and no DVD to show for it:

Sad part is I'm missing 3 tapes that my friend used and I have two tapes not shown that are in my two cameras :wiggles:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts