ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Oooooh, that snow looks so inviting. Funny ad. We used to say the acronym SAAB meant "sälj aset, annars byt", that's Swedish, it roughly means sell the crap, otherwise exchange it.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Its a nice car. Has the '05 STi steering rack, and some other improvements. And we have them to thank for the new interior. Dunno why we should hate on 9-2x owners? :confused1

Think of it like this, when you guys are 35, have 2 kids, and the wife wants something w/ room for all there toys and u dont want a minivan, and she wont go near a boy-racer WRX Wagon, you can say, hey lets get a Saab 9-2x (she hears Saab, and you get the best of both worlds). so be nice, GM saved your life from being behind the wheel of a Minivan (and no u cant have a 12sec Turbo van from those vidoes).

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
lol that was so funny. doesnt even look edited, would fit right in a magazine ad, and chances are people would never notice (not many people read those subscript things anyway)

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
hahah that looks like a real add, too.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
***biGRed*** said:
If it came with the STi motor I could justify the price difference from a WRX wagon.
Actually, some folks have been getting some pretty good deals on the 9-2X, pretty much in WRX range.

Great ad... :)

·
Registered
783 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
Actually, some folks have been getting some pretty good deals on the 9-2X, pretty much in WRX range.

Great ad... :)
Werd.

My buddy just drove one and the guy said right off the bat they would knock off $5,000 from the $30,000 sticker. Puts it at $25k, not too bad for a little more luxury and the Saab nameplate.

On topic, that ad definitely rocks :cool:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Paid under 25K with Xenons, leather and cold weather. I think saab has missed the boat on it's biggest potential buyer pool, WRX owners who are looking for something with a different look. I think I'm about one of three old school saab guys who went for one.

·
48,699 Posts
Yeah, one fellow recently posted about his new 9-2X that he got for $23,000 out the door. That's not far off what I paid for my WRX sedan back in April of '02. :eek3:

·
48,699 Posts
Chad W said:
I think I'm about one of three old school saab guys who went for one.
True statement. Most Saab guys I know are looking down their nose at the 9-2X.

·
48,699 Posts
Trainrex said:
Yup. The Saab people I know don't like it :sadwave:
Will they give a reason why? Most of the people I know can't give a coherent reason. (They probably have a weird idea about Subarus, and since they know I own one, they won't say anything. Probably because they know that I will know more about cars than they do... :D )

·
Registered
293 Posts
The 9-2x board on saabnet can only be posted on with permission from the moderator and 9-2x posts can't be placed anywhere else. Basically the board was getting so choked up with *****ing and moaning and fighting that was the onyl way to handle it. The site software won't let you make a post with the word "saabaru" in it, but's that's how I describe my car.

People ask my why I didn't just get a newer saab, and the answer is simple I had a very built high power FWD saab, and the one thing I didn't like about it is FWD, there have been no other options in the family. I have always respected subaru (at least since I started readin sport compact car 6 years ago), but I was dissappointed when the wrx made it to the US, because I definitely liked the previous bdoystyle a lot more. The wrx always struck me as a car I would buy inspite of it's looks. When I found out I could get pretty faced version from saab the idea grew in my head until I de modded my 9000 Turbo and sold everything to make a down payment.

Most people are mad at saab for selling a rebadged subbie...i'm mad at saab for not providing us with a decent AWD car 5 years ago, at least the 9-2x is a step in the right direction.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts