ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they said its going to be 4 hours on each side of the car to put new springs on. thats $800 in labor alone, not including the springs. that sounds way to much to put in springs dont u think?

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
what the ****?

it takes i'd say an hour TOPS.

do not go to this place

go read tutorials on spring install.. rent a compressor and do it yourself for free.. call over a friend to help you.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I did mine in about 2 hours with a friends help. Neither of us had done springs before. Just read a tutorial, borrow a spring compressor from autozone, and do it.

A shop with a lift and air tools can probably do it in less than an hour. I would tell whoever gave you that quote to piss off.

·
Registered
94 Posts
what the f*** is right, that place is a scam, i could see 350 labor at a high end, do some searches and save all your cash. my friend works at a garage he said not that big deal he will do mine in my garage, i have air , impact, but nothing spacial, check around. never take 1 price
wolf

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
i've done springs on a 350, a 300, an rx-7 (twice) and on my scooby ~4 or so times (lol)
i went:
stock->stech->eibach->stock->prodrive

N

·
0 Posts
diy it with some friends. i did mine alone, but it took me forever.
^^ agreeed!! all you need is some wrenches, tools, spring compressor and car stands and a 2 ton jack and a couple extra hands!! i JUST finished doing my springs and only paid 80$ for tools , 30$ for pizza!!

its really not that hard to do, the rough part is the rear! the front is easy!

·
Registered
85 Posts
...agreed, read up, take your time and do it yourself, you will learn more about your car and save some cash.

^^^but why would u say the rear is the hard part?!?? i thought exactly the opposite.

N

·
0 Posts
...agreed, read up, take your time and do it yourself, you will learn more about your car and save some cash.

^^^but why would u say the rear is the hard part?!?? i thought exactly the opposite.
only because you gotta take out the seats, and seat belts ...the front was cake except the bolts were tight as ****!

·
Registered
85 Posts
wunderboy....btw where in jersey are you?? ill come give you a hand if you need help with the install.....i do good work for a six pack ;)

N

·
0 Posts
it was cool tho... i still need to take apart the backa gain and fix one of the seat belts, its not in there properly, just spools out not back in! simple enough to fix

·
Registered
506 Posts
I was gonna do mine myself, but i dont have a spring compressor and i found a guy who did for $200 plus he did the 4 wheel alignment right afterwards

N

·
0 Posts
i rented em for 55$, i got a 2 yr allignment deal @ tire kingdom..gonna go monday...the prodrive springs are seating nicely i ca notice major drop up front

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
It took me about 3-4 hours from start to finish with breaks. Not hard to do yourself, and for around your price for labor you could pick up coilovers, with is an easier install.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
they said its going to be 4 hours on each side of the car to put new springs on. thats $800 in labor alone, not including the springs. that sounds way to much to put in springs dont u think?
If you were in Washington, we could've help you. My friends and I did lots of springs.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts