Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the problem when I go over 80 mph (not for fun but just testing my engine) it is all stock and I also had a problem with my engine and this is what they did:

MisFire #3 Cylinder. Swapped coil injector and plug with different cylinders per tech line
Replaced ECM: problem not corrected
Check output signals from ECM
Checked fuel injector harness and connectors B136 Grounds
Measured Resistance of cam and crank sensors 12.6 ohms
Removed valve cover gaskets and adjust valves right side head.

It's about a month since i got her back. Now when I get to around 70- 80 mph my steering wheel starts shaking hard. Is this normal because before the big misfiring it was fine over 80. The whether here is around 0-10 degrees F. I think it might be the wheather? I'm going in to the dealership for my second oil change at 4600 mi ( I know i haven't been driving her much, but i don't want another problem to happen). should i get them to check the engine one more time?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Sound like you threw some wheel weights. Or is it snowing over there? could have some ice on your wheel somewhere.

·
Registered
161 Posts
When was the last time you checked your tire pressure. I have found a drop of over 4psi cold when the temp dropped below 30 degrees. You may find even more of a drop.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did it start after your car left the shop?

Could have been a road test that went bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts