Subaru WRX Forum banner

6th Generation Golf R

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  WRX-maniac 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello everyone,,

I thought you guys and gals might be interested in VW's newest AWD Golf. Not quite the successor of the R32 (VR 6) since the new Golf R (VW enthusiasts prefer calling it the R20) is turbocharged based on the GTI.

I think VW did a great job with this car. Word has it that it's going to be available in the States mid- to late 2010. I am crossing my fingers. Then I can choose between another WRX, STI or Golf R. As much as I love my 2004 WRX, and would definitely consider another WRX (hatchback for sure - I'm not fond of the new sedan look - too generic), or STI, I might jump the Subaru ship and get the Golf R. I'm itching a bit for a German car without the German price tag.

IAA 2009 - New 270hp Golf R

Gallery
VWvortex.com :: Galleries

New 2010 MK VI GTI

Last but not least is the new Scirroco which VWoA decided very late not to make available in the States. I think the interior of this car is gorgeous. Why can't Subaru make the interior of the WRXs as nice as these cars.

New Scirocco

See less See more
#3 ·
The Hell...?

If I were you, I'd wait until the 2011 WRX comes out. I've heard it's getting changes to the aesthetics to be more similar to the wide body STI looks, along with other general improvements. Get the hatch. It might be a better investment come 2015 or so.

???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.