ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, something i've been running into in my past year of car searching has been issues with the 60k service...
It seems people don't understand or want to pay to have their car receive the 60k mile service on it! The past 3 cars i've looked at had not gotten the service and were anywhere between 7-20k miles over the service.:sadwave:

Anyways to my question, how long can a car go w/o the 60k mile service being preformed before you should forget that car as a viable option?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ok, something i've been running into in my past year of car searching has been issues with the 60k service...
It seems people don't understand or want to pay to have their car receive the 60k mile service on it! The past 3 cars i've looked at had not gotten the service and were anywhere between 7-20k miles over the service.:sadwave:

Anyways to my question, how long can a car go w/o the 60k mile service being preformed before you should forget that car as a viable option?
Whats is it that is done during the 60K Service?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Replace Engine Oil
Replace Oil Filter
Multi-point Inspection
Rotate and Balance of all Tires
Replace Air Filter
Battery Service
Full Injection Service
Replace Fuel Filter
Coolant Service
Replace PVC Valve
DIFF fluid change Front and rear
Plugs
Wires
Lubricate As Required

I dont see anything i would personally loose sleep over, seeing as how things such as oil change and air filter are done on a more regular basis. I would replace the plugs, and change the DIFF fluid once I purchased the vehicle, but I would not count that car out because it did not have a "dealer recommended" post warranty service done.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so if I purchased a car 8k miles over the 60k mile service, than I can just do it when I get the car and everything "should" be fine? (after it gets a mechanics ok)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts