Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
jesus 6 pot brakes, if you plan to get these i hope you plan to buy a new master cyclinder too that can make the extra pressure to actually make these brake effective.

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wilwood has already done the research on that... and the stock master cylinder is fine....

·
Registered
218 Posts
were making our own 4 pot brakes front and rear with tilton master cylinders, there going to be nice. i love sae best program/club you can do in school.

·
1,911 Posts
They are not bad but I'll be going with the Endless 6 pot kit. We have some Wilwood 6 pot calipers here (not for WRX). They look nice and very light but the quality is not quite up to par with AP Racing, Brembo, or Endless. Then again at that price they are a solid value.

·
895 Posts
yeah, i was gonna say, even if the quality isnt as much as brembo, neither is the price. those things are much less expensive, and would probably work just as good

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All I know, is Wilwood has been in the business for a while, they're made in the US, have had brake kits out for over 10 years, and they're pricing is really pretty decent.

God, when you say they're quality is not "up to par" with Endless, Brembo, AP etc.... what do you mean? Have their been some decent un-biased tests done comparing the differen't systems? Really showing the major diffs...? I'd be curious to see, I may change my mind on brakes and wait.

I've been researching brakes for a while, found out Wilwood has been involved with motorsports for quite some time (Ford/Chevy Stock Car racing, etc...) and emailed them asking if they were going to get involved in the "Import Community" and poof.... there they were.....

An affordable solution, from a reputable manufacturer, right here in the U.S.

Anyways... No flames Needed, I just would like to see good comparitive data

1 - 8 of 8 Posts