Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find a +5v source lead (around the center console area) that I could wire into for this electronic A/C climate control system I am converting over too?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Probably best to get a step-down converter, there are lots of 12v to 5v regulators out there to use. Most any 5v signal in the car is going to be engine related sensors, I would not tap into that.

Also most USB charging adapters knock 12v down to 5v, you may be able to hack one of those up easily.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the response, yeah I am thinking a step-down converter is the way to go. The only problem with that is I don't know what amperage would be suitable for this power source going into the A/C control module.

Basically, I did the electronic A/C swap and got rid of all the mechanical stuff, some of the pinouts of the electronic A/C control system are apart of the 06' STi cluster which I swappd over also. It pretty much all works however, sometimes when you try to toggle the recirculation or a/c button it is tough to get it to come on. After doing a lot more research and cross-checking I found that one of the lines "B12" coming from the cluster only puts out 0.3v [based on the factory 03' WRX electrical system] instead of what this pinout should show for an STi according to this table:

"+5V to auto a/c" going to pinout A11 on the A/C control module. So I think this is where my problem is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts