ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2007 tr and i only have 8k on the car. im already on my 2nd tranny. first one went with 4k on the car. due to a factory imperfection. it ground all the teeth off third gear. anyway, now that i am going protuned with a green turbo i nee to know if there is anyone out there that puts together a performance transmission. kinda like shep racing is for mitsubishi. thanks

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
i have a 2007 tr and i only have 8k on the car. im already on my 2nd tranny. first one went with 4k on the car. due to a factory imperfection. it ground all the teeth off third gear. anyway, now that i am going protuned with a green turbo i nee to know if there is anyone out there that puts together a performance transmission. kinda like shep racing is for mitsubishi. thanks
andrewtech or buy an STi tranny

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
Andrewtech in MD.

They just came out with their own PPG set that are to their desired ratios....might want to snag a set while they still have them in stock.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Andrewtech in MD.

They just came out with their own PPG set that are to their desired ratios....might want to snag a set while they still have them in stock.
care to elaborate:confused:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
andrewtech or buy an STi tranny
thanks anyone know if they have a website? and i want to stick with the 5 speed. the car is being built up for drag racing and the sti trans gear ratios are too short

·
Registered
7 Posts
andrewtechautomotive....... thats the website cause im getting ready to have mine upgraded also cause i got 45k on mine and it sounds like a train coming from the tranny when im in 4th gear doing 60mph. Yeah the ppg upgrade sounds like a winner but im debating on the straight cut syncros or the helical....... guys got any opinions?

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
care to elaborate:confused:
If you go to Nasioc and look in the Mid-A vendor Classifields you'll see the thread.

It's PPG gears (same design) but with different ratios.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
+1

Price out a sixspeed swap first. Then start looking at how much it will cost you to replace the gears in a five speed.

The six speed has an extra ratio, superior oiling system, and DCCD.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
6mt for the loose on the drag strip. im gna spend the extra money for coated gears and a lsd up front. it will hold up better in the long run then just a 6 swap.

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
I can certainly agree that the gearing sucks, _IF_ you can get an 07 its a little bit better.

As far as reliability under abuse I would still put my money on the 6 speed. What kind of coating were you talking about, cryo treating? Unless you're replacing the gears I wouldn't expect much out of it.

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
6mt for the loose on the drag strip. im gna spend the extra money for coated gears and a lsd up front. it will hold up better in the long run then just a 6 swap.
lol at cryo treated gears being "coated"
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no ppg. i talked to andrewtech automotive and they will do the rebuild for 5200 shipped and all. its expensive but its the strongest.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts