Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyhow, me and my friend raced, it was an ok race, it was from a roll, and we both hit it, i got him by a car length! i love never having to lift to shift, and my psi is always up there...!!!! anyhow, he has about same mods as me, its a 5mt, but he has 2.5 inch axle back exhaust, with mbc, spark plugs... etc.

anyhow, i really dont care about the race, but something is wrong with my car, ive been hearing a weird whining noise from my engine/turbo... it seems to only occure at 5k and when turbo is working at WOT... the power is still the same, air fuel is ok, it still hits 15 psi(it hit twice up to 17 as a spike, but i changed it right away... damn weather)... anyhow, this sound only occurs when i stated above, if turbo is at about 7.5 psi(boostmonkey regulated) at any gear, the turbo sounds fine, engine sounds fine, and nothing seems to be wrong, only when i go WOT. i also have a turboxs uppipe which helps the turbo from that precat! what can it be?

peter

·
Registered
432 Posts
uppipe leak, search around and compare the descriptions.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think i prolly have one.... should i stay of wot until i get it fixed? cuz im still in the city and i have to travel to gurnee in about 2 hours.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sometimes simplest answer is the easiest... Turbos whine when at higher boost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts