ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am stage 2, from tp. catless dp, aem cai, hybrid bpv.. Besides turbos and meth injections, different topic but e85 is beast!. Throw some ideas my way.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,232 Posts
You want to spend $5K but keep your existing turbo? Is that what "besides turbos" means?

·
Registered
233 Posts
well i would say get a diffrent turbo and change injectors, feul pump, rails and a tune on top of your mods but you dont want to change the turbo, so theres no point doing anything to the feul system as its effecient enough for the stock turbo i would say bigger top mount ( not sure it the bubbleback shape wrx if you can) if you cant front mount is the other option

mymods :
tbe 3" decat upipe catless dp
snorkal removal drop in k&n
17 psi boost with mbc
on stage 2 xpt tune
oil catch can

what i would do if i had 5k to spend ontop of my 02 wrx:
cai aem
vf34 turbo
550cc injectors or pink sti
walbro feul pump
top secret top mount (quicker spool than front mount)
and a tune for it
why i wrote this is to give you an idea of how much better a car will run just by changing a few things that you dont want

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
You want to spend $5K but keep your existing turbo? Is that what "besides turbos" means?

This is my question.. The logical thing to spend it on would be a new turbo, injectors, fuel pump, TMIC, EBCS, and a tune.

If you're wanting to keep the stock turbo for some odd reason then maybe headers, uppipe, EWG, EBCS, MBC, TMIC, TGV deletes (do newer cars still have those?), Cosworth intake manifold (if you can't tell I'm really reaching here), or maybe some GSC S1 cams with new springs and retainers. That's not really the best use of your cash though..

·
Registered
44 Posts
change your pistons they are the weakest part of your motor as as far as i know then do some cams exhaust manifold injectors,fuel pump, arp head studs. if you're not going to change your turbo that will basically be all for naut because your power lever will be limited but it will more responsive especially if you go with a higher compression and that would be a decent combo with the stock turbo. wont be the most powerful but depending on how you do it and your tuner it'll be real quick

·
Registered
44 Posts
ohh and top mounts in my opinion are pretty much a waste of time, if you're going to spend money on an intercooler do a front mount, right where you know its gonna stay coolest..

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
ohh and top mounts in my opinion are pretty much a waste of time, if you're going to spend money on an intercooler do a front mount, right where you know its gonna stay coolest..
Wrong. Most TMICs if good quality can be just as efficient as an FMIC without being laggy

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
well i would say get a diffrent turbo and change injectors, feul pump, rails and a tune on top of your mods but you dont want to change the turbo, so theres no point doing anything to the feul system as its effecient enough for the stock turbo i would say bigger top mount ( not sure it the bubbleback shape wrx if you can) if you cant front mount is the other option

mymods :
tbe 3" decat upipe catless dp
snorkal removal drop in k&n
17 psi boost with mbc
on stage 2 xpt tune
oil catch can

what i would do if i had 5k to spend ontop of my 02 wrx:
cai aem
vf34 turbo
550cc injectors or pink sti
walbro feul pump
top secret top mount (quicker spool than front mount)
and a tune for it
why i wrote this is to give you an idea of how much better a car will run just by changing a few things that you dont want
Wrong. Most cars after 2009 are maxed out on injectors with only a stage 2. Upgrading the fuel system as well as the TMIC would result in a good power increase over stage 2 numbers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
T0rque

Quote Originally Posted by jdmsubielvr View Post

T0rque
Wrong. Most TMICs if good quality can be just as efficient as an FMIC without being laggy

ok if you say so, i guess you missed the part about it being my opinion or is it that you dont feel like i'm entitled to an opinion?? but i'm open to correction there's nothing wrong with learning. since you know why do you prove your assertion show us all how what your saying is true and mine is false put up some numbers lets see some dyno sheets on this assertion of yours

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
You are entitled to your own opinion, there is nothing wrong with that. However if your posting on this forum stating incorrect information I am gonna call you out. There is plenty of proof out there that backs my statement up. He doesnt want to replace the turbo, replacing the TMIC and going with an FMIC will just result in lag and not be worth it for him.

The other issue with front mount intercoolers is the need to remove the front impact bar on the vehicle. You get in an accident without that bar on your car your insurance company will not provide a check to fix your vehicle. That to me isnt worth the extra maybe 5 hp you will pull from a FMIC with the correct setup.

·
Registered
44 Posts
there's nothing to call out when someone specifies its their opinion you must be bored grab a beer and relax a bit, you could've stated all you just said without the omniscient tone. and you are correct there are tons of material out there that agrees with you but there's tons to the contrary as well

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
there's nothing to call out when someone specifies its their opinion you must be bored grab a beer and relax a bit, you could've stated all you just said without the omniscient tone. and you are correct there are tons of material out there that agrees with you but there's tons to the contrary as well
There is nothing contrary about your insurance policy and removing your bumper beam. I dont need a beer, I am a father, he is constantly watching and that isnt something I want him seeing. I dont have an omniscient tone as I am not speaking, I am typing. There are many reasons why I am still around after 8 years of service to this forum and nearly 24,000 posts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
1st unclench, 2nd what are you talking about your child or children for how did "he" get in this discussion?? how weird is that. listen your right i'm wrong and thank you for you years of service to this forum and i'm sorry that you didnt know tone can be gathered from reading text and if your paying attention you'd realize that i'm being sarcastic past the weirdness of your son being pulled in comment. for the gentleman that started this thread my apologies for the back and forth. take your time do your research on everything put in front of you and make a decision that suits you. he may have something with the bumper thing but i would think there may be a solution to that issue.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
change your pistons they are the weakest part of your motor as as far as i know then do some cams exhaust manifold injectors,fuel pump, arp head studs. if you're not going to change your turbo that will basically be all for naut because your power lever will be limited but it will more responsive especially if you go with a higher compression and that would be a decent combo with the stock turbo. wont be the most powerful but depending on how you do it and your tuner it'll be real quick
That is one of the worst recommendations I've ever heard on this forum.

Absolutely not. It may be you're opinion, but remember those are like *******s, everyone has one and they all stink. Opinion shouldn't really have anything to do with the modding process. TMIC's perform better in some aspects than do FMIC's, and in certain conditions are quite preferable to FMIC's. Regular daily driving for instance.

Not everything is cut and dry in the car world, in fact almost nothing is. Certain products, specifications, and modifications carry certain advantages in very specific areas, the key is determining what is best for the desired result. Remember that when you recommend things to people in the future, very little in the car world is black and white.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
1st unclench, 2nd what are you talking about your child or children for how did "he" get in this discussion?? how weird is that. listen your right i'm wrong and thank you for you years of service to this forum and i'm sorry that you didnt know tone can be gathered from reading text and if your paying attention you'd realize that i'm being sarcastic past the weirdness of your son being pulled in comment. for the gentleman that started this thread my apologies for the back and forth. take your time do your research on everything put in front of you and make a decision that suits you. he may have something with the bumper thing but i would think there may be a solution to that issue.
You told me to drink a beer, I told you no and gave you the reason.. Was I unclear on this?? I dont find that weird at all.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
If I had 5k to spend on a motor and didn't want to swap the turbo I would.....umm.....uh............not spend it on my motor because thats stupid.

·
Registered
44 Posts
omg another one ok. as stated previously i dont have a problem being wrong about anything that is how one learns. that said, again please expound on how my post of all of them is one of the worst you've ever heard of and dont just tell me your opinion site the information so i can read where i am wrong not just that you dont agree. modding is mainly about opinions if that not be the case then everyone in a given area would have the same mods but because there are different opinions on what one likes and needs there are different mods to meet these wants. you yourself said "not everything is cut and dry in the car world" but here you are basically telling me everything i think is wrong and inferring its stupidity while doing so, would'nt you say that's at least a bit of a contradiction. the premiss i gather from this thread is i have this much money i want to do this what do you "think" will accomplish this, some people gave their recommendations and instead of giving one yourself you chose to be the ******e you referred to and s*** my opinion of all of them. hey you would'nt be a friend of torque would ya??. show me where i'm wrong but before you do that actually respond to this man's post, tell him what you "think" will accomplish his goal have some manners to at least acknowledge the man since you jump on his post. after you do that show me fact on what makes me wrong and where what i said does not fit into your very words.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts