Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your 5 things you guys hate about your WRX?
(no particular order)

1. No sunroof option
2. No power antenna
3. Terrible placement of cupholders
4. No folding rear seat (only in sedan)
5. Thin exterior paint

These are some of the things I wish Subaru would change.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
The only one of those that is material at all to me is the lack of folding seats. That prevented me from even considering the sedan.

·
Registered
294 Posts
***biGRed*** said:
What are your 5 things you guys hate about your WRX?
(no particular order)

1. No sunroof option
2. No power antenna
3. Terrible placement of cupholders
4. No folding rear seat (only in sedan)
5. Thin exterior paint

These are some of the things I wish Subaru would change.
Only one thing I dislike, (hate is such a strong word) they will let anybody with $$$ buy this car.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
"they will let anybody with $$$ buy this car."

I could not have said it better myself!!

Other things that bug me, no stock 17" rims (the BBSs are beatiful, but for $3K, they dont even register). The thin paint bugs me, as I love to take care of my car just as much as I love to drive it. My creaky front seat, I can hear it creak every time I move, even when I breath!!!! (I know, turn the radio up, well, sometimes I like to listen to the engine). Other than that, this is the best present I ever bought myself. Its really a shame about some of the drivers though......

-joe

·
Registered
473 Posts
1. Non-folding rear seats.
2. Engine too quiet.
3. Fuel economy.
4. No 17" wheels.
5. Smelly clutch.

·
Premium Member
17,861 Posts
0.02 worth....

They shoulda brought the WRX EJ20T earlier to the states
i.e. like they did every-where else ;) GC8 shape :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
1) Crappy speakers
2) No fold down back seat
3) Crappy speakers
4) Keyless entry doohickey won't pop the trunk
5) Crappy speakers

All in all I really love this car, but as soon as I have some extra cash, I'm upgrading the sound system. I have the standard (I listened to the premium on the lot, and it was better, but it was crappy, too) and it stinks.

A few weeks ago, I bought a new Dream Theater CD, and was listening to it on the way home. Didn't care for it at all. Popped it in the player at home (a decent, but not great system) and absolutely loved it. There was just so much that I wasn't hearing in the WRX...

Oh, and one more:

6) They let anyone with $$$ buy the car. :)

·
1,263 Posts
my tiny gripes with the US spec that I have are:

17" wheels not standard
4 pot brakes/larger discs not standard
seats are not as sporty as other markets
waist spolier on wagon not standard
Tires are fairly average

I do love my car and I am addressing all my gripes except the seats - hell they are comfy - just don't LOOK so cool! I don't want to stuff around with the airbags.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I 2nd the crappy speakers, and I 2nd the trunk-buttonless key FOB.......

That makes me sound lazy, but its really because I am super paranoid about opening my trunk with the key and scratching the THIN paint by accident!!!!!

-joe

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
OK, now we're getting somewhere.

The first thing to go on my car was the speakers. The optional 17s are a joke at $3k (you'd have to be a serious sucker), the engine is definitely way too quiet - I don't want it loud outside, just inside! I understand the fuel economy thing, but it still sucks. I've always liked the waist spoilers on the older models. I probably wouldn't be bummed about the brakes if the rest of the world didn't have 4-pots.

The RE92s aren't just average - they suck!

I wish they'd made it stock with a "Tarmac Spec" instead of the "Gravel Spec" we got. On the other hand it is really good on gravel stock.

Chris

·
Registered
37 Posts
The cupholders suck hardcore. The one above the radio drips condensation down your radio, and the one by the parking brake is barely big enough for a can. My next mod is going to be some sweet, carbon fiber aftermarket cup holders! And yeah, the fob that doesn't pop the trunk needs fixing too.

·
Registered
202 Posts
none of the stuff on the original post. My gripes are...should have come with the 4 pot brakes available on the overseas models and the tranny/clutch/flywheel is made for a low power economy car not a powerful rally car..should have put STi spec driveline parts in..the stuff we got is way to weak to last long given the way the car begs to be driven.

·
1,263 Posts
two things that REALLT get my sexual relations with goats award are the moron chimes for your seatbelt and the 'I'm a d1ckhead' interlock on the clutch for the ignition switch!!

GV27 - you are right, the tires suck but they do give you fair warning (squeal!) long before they let go!!

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
The biggest thing that sucks about it is that I don't have one....

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Welcome to the land of the frivolous lawsuit, Andrew! I think all new cars have the clutch lockout 'cause morons start the car while in gear without putting there foot on the brake, then sue the manufacturer for their own stupidity:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I HATE that stupid half visor thing. it is useless except for the one minute in the A.M. and one minute in the P.M. when you happen to be facing exaclty the right compass direction, and the sun is in the right place in the sky.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i also want a trunk opener on the key fob. yes, speakers are crappy too. so i'm guessing everyone just likes the engine and suspension?:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
The creaky seat is not the seat it's your seatbelt rubbing against the corner of the buckle part. Next time it is doing that, try yanking on the seatbelt and it should go away. That is why you hear it when you breathe. I just pulled on it like crazy one day and I almost never hear it now.

NJwrbT-WRX said:
"they will let anybody with $$$ buy this car."

I could not have said it better myself!!

Other things that bug me, no stock 17" rims (the BBSs are beatiful, but for $3K, they dont even register). The thin paint bugs me, as I love to take care of my car just as much as I love to drive it. My creaky front seat, I can hear it creak every time I move, even when I breath!!!! (I know, turn the radio up, well, sometimes I like to listen to the engine). Other than that, this is the best present I ever bought myself. Its really a shame about some of the drivers though......

-joe

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
***biGRed*** said:
i also want a trunk opener on the key fob. yes, speakers are crappy too. so i'm guessing everyone just likes the engine and suspension?:D
Anything else is just fluff!

1 - 20 of 241 Posts