Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 WRX 2.0 4A
I recently put in the Grimmspeed 3 port boost control solenoid(I know it says to get a tune I'm just lazy), never tuned it but my boost would go up to 15psi and drop to 5-10 psi then right back up to 15 and back down to 5-10. Quite annoying, then all of a sudden it won't go over 5 psi, I have to really push it for it to even want to spool up. I have the basic mods, catless exhaust, cold air intake, and some new silicon hoses for the intercooler.
I have the OEM 2 port solenoid, but I don't have the original t-fitting and the restrictor pill, would going without the pill be good or bad. Should I put the 2 port on or just get it tuned.
Kind of at a loss so give me your best suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
2,579 Posts
Whoa, whoa, whoa. You have those mods with no tune? There is a reason companies like grimmspeed say a tune is REQUIRED for installation of said part. It's not a suggestion. Being "lazy" and not having the proper tune for performance parts WILL lead to a failure of the engine. So ask yourself this, is your laziness and poor choices worth the 10k+ for a new engine when this one goes?

·
In Æternum
17,155 Posts
(I know it says to get a tune I'm just lazy), never tuned it
Kind of at a loss so give me your best suggestions.
I'm sorry but this is really funny. Are you seriously at a loss when the first step is "get a tune" and you don't follow instructions? Derp.

Reactions: a5m

·
Super Moderator
2,579 Posts
I'm sorry but this is really funny. Are you seriously at a loss when the first step is "get a tune" and you don't follow instructions? Derp.
Not to mention the complaining of not hitting target boost and it being "annoying" after recognizing he was too lazy to tune the car for the part. Will be another one posting about how subarus are unreliable and garbage when the engine goes boom.

OP, what we are getting at is, our suggestion is it to get the car tuned.

·
Little Homie
12,941 Posts
The thought of it being a troll post crossed my mind. But I couldnt help but to respond to this dumpster fire.
I'm here too.

OP you want some advice.

Just slap a big ass turbo on it. That'll solve your issue. Don't worry about tuning it. You've obviously already worked out that it's a scam by big tuning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts