ClubWRX Forum banner

121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hmm... I doubt that I had unplugged the battery on the Sentra. I just remember driving shortly after and all of a sudden the car started idling at about 3500 and never corrected itself. It was really annoying at a stop light with header back NA exhaust just rasping like it was nobody's business. But okay, good to know you can clean the MAF on the scooby.

·
Registered
553 Posts
You'll probably have a temporary rich condition... but meh... probably doesn't affect anything, and resolves super quick. Technically you're supposed to reset it though.
What if you are tuned, say, with the acessport...
If you reset the ECU does the map stay there or do you have to "re-flash" the tune

·
Super Modulator
19,249 Posts
What if you are tuned, say, with the acessport...
If you reset the ECU does the map stay there or do you have to "re-flash" the tune
If you reset the ECU, the learning cells are also reset. You will need to drive the car for several miles to learn new fuel curve/AFR learning.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Isn't it true that if you don't unplug the battery cable and just drive the car regularly after doing something like this that the ECU will make adjustments on its own anyways but it will just take longer? If this is true(and I remember reading about this) than it would be another viable option rather than having to remap it again with your AP tuner.

On another note I recently cleaned my MAF sensor with MAF cleaner and some q tips. I let the sensor soak in the cap for the may cleaner can for a while after cleaning the air temp sensor(little bulb on outside of kaf sensor). Then a little while after cleaning it I installed a K&N filter that I cleaned and oiled myself. I've never had problems running them on any of my other vehicles and got this one for $20 with a Greedy air diffusion panel so I figured what the hell. I didn't drench the filter in oil and made sure it WS sealed properly in the airbox and so far I've had zero issues. Down the road I'll take a look at the MAF sensor and if its covered in the filter oil I'll use a different filter but so far so good. If you decide to use an oiled filter just make sure you use just enough oil to turn the filter element red and no more than that. There's no need for excessive oil. Just wanted to put my own 1st hand experience out there and pet people know that I've had good results with my k&n filter. I noticed my 4eat trans downshifts sooner, the engine sounds healthier and you can definitely here the turbo a bit more but not in an onnoying way.

Honestly though for the kind of bid stigma people have about these filters unless you get one for peanuts like I did you won't save any money by using one of these over an OEM paper filter. I'd say the ts definitely worth it over buying an expensive $70 paper filter though.

121 - 125 of 125 Posts
About this Discussion
124 Replies
57 Participants
WRX_2oh3
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing